Viva Danilo

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
Danilo is campaigning in La Romana today. He gave our two kids hats and flags. The flags are about as big as they are. Classic. Someday I will figure out how to post photos here.

The real DR.

(I missed it. I am out rounding up some resources to contribute to the local economy : )

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
2ylv50p.jpg

here, i posted a photo for you. :devious:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We drove into SD yesterday for a viewing, and were snarled in traffic several times. One time we were at a standstill for 15 minutes in Nigua. Wall to wall people on both sides of the road, flags and hats and drinks in hand, and music loud enough to wake the dead. PLD PRD. Down the road were Aristy's people. Vans with paper signs taped to the front declaring where they had come from. Very creative spelling

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Clowns!! wasted time, to get DR votes it comes down to one thing $$$ free pica pollo and 500dop and they will sell their vote to the anti-christ! No need for these noisy dog and pony shows

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Clowns!! wasted time, to get DR votes it comes down to one thing $$$ free pica pollo and 500dop and they will sell their vote to the anti-christ! No need for these noisy dog and pony shows

truer words have never been said.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006

you are sooooo wrong here. campaigning is highly profitable. not so much for the parties (although there's plenty of opportunities to redirect some funds) but very much so for the people. free food and drinks are the norm. so are food packages and other giveaways, from appliances to child care items. and did i mention free rum?

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
I gal that the election is coming because they finally graded the road the last time was 8 years ago and now that we are back to local 4 year elections we will only have to wait 4 years for the grader to come again.

Sep 4, 2012
Election time in the DR is not just a process, it rather is an event to be part of, mingle, share and enjoy for their populace. Think of it as "semana santa," "chritsmas," dia de los reyes," etc.

For the politicians of course its just business as usual and more than anything else it denotes two things for sure - economic gain for those who are "pegao" and the opportunity for those at the bottom to come out, have some enjoyment and perhaps land a few gifts.