Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eyes right.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Eyes right.

Has anyone here had recent cataract surgery in the DR,any town or clinic,and would like to share their experiences?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

My husband had cataract surgery a year ago by Dr.Sebastian Guzman in Santiago with great success. Feel free to pm me with any questions.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

i went for exam and ended up having it done in u.s. but i would have had it done in santi....i think he was schooled in mass..

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I just had an appointment for my cataracts last week at the Instituto Oftalmológico in Santiago. Upon recommendation by Dominicans in the know, Dr. Estrella was the doctor to see. Phone:+1 809-583-1902 They do the surgery right there. I was impressed with my appointment. The place is busy!!! My cataracts are not quite ready for surgery, so I won't be able to comment on that for at least 6 months.

Good luck.

Lindsey

5. Likes windeguy liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LindseyKaufman View Post
    I just had an appointment for my cataracts last week at the Instituto Oftalmológico in Santiago. Upon recommendation by Dominicans in the know, Dr. Estrella was the doctor to see. Phone:+1 809-583-1902 They do the surgery right there. I was impressed with my appointment. The place is busy!!! My cataracts are not quite ready for surgery, so I won't be able to comment on that for at least 6 months.

Good luck.

Lindsey
    Thanks Lindsey.Mine are not yet that bad but I've been advised that I will need to do something in the near future.Night driving is very difficult anyway so with poor night vision is best avoided.

My Spanish is fairly adequate but not for complicated stuff.Do they have an English speaker on the phone?
    Thanks

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LindseyKaufman View Post

Good luck.

Lindsey
    Lindsey, what do your people in the know say about Dr Sebastian Guzman? I had used him for some emergency laser surgery on one of my retinas and was impressed by his set up.
    Perfect English being educated in the USA. It is always good to have options.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

By the way, my sister in law had some new lenses implanted during her recent cataract surgery. The new lenses have eliminated her need to use glasses. She sees perfectly both far and near with them. She say it was like getting a new pair of eyes.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    Lindsey, what do your people in the know say about Dr Sebastian Guzman? I had used him for some emergency laser surgery on one of my retinas and was impressed by his set up.
    Perfect English being educated in the USA. It is always good to have options.
    Windeguy, there was another eye doctor recommended but I can't find my email with the information. Sorry. There are several eye doctors at the eye institute, but Dr. Estrella specializes in cataract surgery.

10. Likes windeguy liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Wrecksum, check your pm mail for the info you requested.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Abuela View Post
    Wrecksum, check your pm mail for the info you requested.
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Much appreciated our chat..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast