Old but new

Mme Fleur

Oct 6, 2013
Have not posted on here in years but have been around for quite a long time. Looking for any advice or suggestions RE: child custody in the DR. I posted in the Legal section and would appreciate any help or insight that could be offered.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
well a dom fren went thru a deevorce and his boy was supposed to go to mom but the bond between father and son was so tight the boy wouldnt go with mom
so thats one way.. bond with the child...

thomasj

Mar 31, 2010
I have custody of a soon to be 16 year old boy, since he was less than two years old. The mother is Dominican, a lawyer and quite reputable. I am Canadian. The fighting for custody only stopped about 2 years ago when the mother realized that further
fighting was fruitless. In the preceding 12 years the case went to the Supreme Court twice. In each case my custody was
upheld. During these many court procedures I found the justice system extremely fair and impartial taking mostly
the child's welfare into consideration. Luckily the child was very eloquent from an early age and never ceased to amaze the
judges, child psychologists and social workers with his arguments that he loved his mother very much but wanted to live
with his father. Since the mother lives in the DR and received visitation rights and since I did not want to rob my son
of his mother, both parents agreed that the child would not be removed from this country without permission of the
other parent.