Cabarete Bypass road - Danilo promises again

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
In the monthly luncheon meeting of the Chamber of Commerce, president Danilo Medina promised that the ring road around Cabarete will be built soon. For years, there are complaints about the traffic in Cabarete.
All traffic squeezes through the narrow passageway and this is the cause of much insecurity, parking problems and noise and stench nuisance. It should be noted that the president made these promises already before in 2012 and 2015, and so far nothing has been achieved.

The president also promised that the link road between Puerto Plata, Sos?a, Cabarete and Playa Grande will be restored and expanded. Furthermore, in his next term he wants to solve the problems with the electricity supply. As a third point he mentioned the increase of safety in public spaces. So more police officers on the street.

Source: Sosua News

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Maybe, maybe if he cuts across the back from from Sabaneta to Montellano bypassing Sosua and Cabarete altogether whne he connects Jamao at the 21 to Yasica Arriba at the 25. This would involve goin through the mountains

Otherwise forgetaboutit.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
I would settle for just the pot holes being fixed by Chez Arsenios and the road between Sabaneta and Santiago having one less crater.

bubba

Dec 15, 2003
Kind of on the same subject but why are there so many potholes?
Where I live we have the freeze thaw cycle, is it just doing a crappy job when the roads were built?

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Like I said elsewhere: SSDD (same sh*t different day)

At least he no longer is promising a new hospital :)

Bob K

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The money was stolen for the road repair, and they just put a skim coat on to make it look good when the Predisent passed through.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My understanding is that a new road will be from POP to Nagua...

Bypassing all towns.... new autopista
Not just a Cabarete bypass.... a full highway along the north coast

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
They had a full enquiry about this last year but certain people objected to the proposed route on environmental grounds, so they had an excuse to do nothing. The objectors proposed an alternative route which would go right past the bottom of my garden, so it would certainly spoil my environment! It would be great if they could go back to the original route with modifications to placate the environmentalists, because this plan also included the "cleaning up" of Cabarete main street, which is much needed.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

That makes much more sense since so much more money is involved...

Where would the entry and exit points be to such a highway?

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
A bypass will not happen in the next 5 years. If they could just enforce the parking as the road narrows through down town Cab.that would alleviate much of the congestion. If a big truck is making a delivery it stops in the middle of the road and can take 25 minutes just to get through.Day time business suffers as many don't want to navigate through town mid day

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007

Right about here is where Pitchy usually shows up, explaining how a special delegation of the subcommittee for Really Cool Things will shortly be making an announcement with the new Capitan of the upcoming Dominican Space Station about how a discussion on the new road by Danilo's attache for attachments, possibly as soon as the end of the next legislative recessionary appointment opportunity!

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
This is a VERY OLD project. At the north entrance of Montellano you can see some cement ruins and a graded way
that runs to behind Star Hills. A North Coast expressway was being built at the time of Trujillo's death and had
been built to that point. When the workers heard that the Trujillos had vacated the DR the project was abandoned.

Bob Boyd

Feb 3, 2004
I’ve been here 25 years and President Balaguer was promising both the bypass and better electricity if he was reelected one more time, and that was a long time ago.