Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Is time share a new thing in hotels?

It had been a while since I checked in to during the day time and this time share thing in resort is new to me...
    I had such a bad luck and experience with Barcelo ever since I started to come to DR several years before I found this site, I seriously think there must be a bad curse cast on me with Barcelo.
    I am very serious on this because PP or PC which ever Barcelo I go, forget about money back.
    I straight out want to sue them for wasting my time, giving us worst experiences ever, and getting sick.
    And just last weekend I had one of the worst experience at Barcelo/Sunscape once again.
    This time is last straws, with this I will never ever step in a hotel that was formally Barcelo or newly Sunscape in my life again.
    Now that I thought about it, that cancellation fee was/is/always will be totally worth it.

Anyways this is just minor one thing that bothered me the moments after I checked in and I just want to know if this is normal thing now.
    From check in around at 4PM I got invited for quick sit down and it turned into 45 minutes of sit down and offered me coupons and got an offer for "Romantic Breakfast".
    I thought, Wow since my secretary had mentioned about our special occasions and since they offered me a romantic dinner for $200 some odd dollars with guarantee at reasonable time (That I didn't know I couldn't bring my son to.)
    I thought they perhaps had changed for better but what I didn't know was this "romantic breakfast" was having uncomfortable breakfast at buffet with complete stranger!
    He asked about many things and I started to answer questions and we really got uncomfortable.
    I kindly asked how much longer all these explaining all their exclusive membership is going to take and he offered me to go to office upstair for additional 1 hour and half for $100 spa coupons.
    I really did controlled myself pretty well, I was really about to blow.
    My time with my family is worth more than this.
    I have already had paid them $360 for three of us and I was did wanted to pay more for better hotel and service but many of big bills were coming up, our son's tuition and others upcoming bills.
    I tried an easy and cheaper way out on our 7th year anniversary, and now I am paying for it.
    I should had listen to my brain, instinct and folks here.
    Now I am going to pay for it, listing to things that happened at our 7th anniversary will never end!

2. Likes jruane44, Lafcadio liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I sat through one time share breakfast. I will never do it again. No matter what they offer you. It is never worth it. My time and my families time is a lot more valuable than what ever they are giving you.

4. Likes Lafcadio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

ohh really sad. your story giving me some beneficial guidelines for trip. I'll check hotel staff, rooms their services before booking hotel. I will remind your bad experience when ever i will booking. thanks for sharing your experience.

Post Thanks / Like

It's called vacation club these days because of the negative image of timeshare.

Moderator East Coast Forum

www.DR1.com

7. Likes Contango liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

What it really is, you are paying for hotel stays now for the future.

9. Likes AnnaC, spmc liked this post
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Tripadvisor is your friend

11. Likes Africaida, markryan, Lafcadio liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Not new at all. My first resort experience in 2010 was "vacation club cuties" taking me by the arm to chat at the VIP bar.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm getting flashbacks to our stay at Lifestyles in Cofresi. The guy assigned to us was relentless.

Administrator
    DR1.com

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Most resorts seem to be going the vacation club route, at least in Playa Dorada where I stay. Vacation clubs are not for everyone. It was perfect for me and I approached them with a deal I wanted, not one they wanted to give me. I got my money back in six weeks and I've been staying here five winters. I was subjected to the Cofresi Lifestyles propaganda machine. Not very pleasant. I simply asked them to match what I had in Playa Dorada, knowing they couldn't do it. It was nice to see the frustration in their faces.

15. Dislikes Lafcadio disliked this post
    *** I love DR1 ***
    Post Thanks / Like

time shares = scam
    All Inclusive = ultra tacky

17. Likes spmc liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast