Watching Spanish and Champions League football (soccer) in SD

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
I have been searching on how/where to watch Spanish and Champions League football (soccer) in SD.
I have run into places showing CL games at a Mall, etc but haven't really found much info on best places to watch these games in SD and elsewhere in the DR.

I suppose the real big games (the Barcelona-Madrid "clasico", for example) are shown even by local channels, but "normal" Spanish games and most CL games probably need to be watched at special sports bars.

I am not yet sure which/where are those bars.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Both the Claro and Orange cable packages offer these games. Yesterday watched Cristian Ronaldo destroy Wolfberg and a fantastic shot by ??? from Man City to end PSG's hopes.

Some local cable services like Cablenet here in Santiago also provide some of these games on BEIN sports.

HB

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
Both the Claro and Orange cable packages offer these games. Yesterday watched Cristian Ronaldo destroy Wolfberg and a fantastic shot by ??? from Man City to end PSG's hopes.
Is it a specific station or does it change with each game? Or is it PPV? (Currently I have access to Tricom cable TV but have no control on the plan).
I have occasionally tried flipping channels at game time but haven't ran into the games yet.

Notice that the Spanish league games and the Champions League games fall probably under different broadcast right agreements (a station that has the right to broadcast one kind, may have no right to broadcast the other).

Spanish CUP (as opposed to league) games may also fall under a separate deal.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I have all CL, German Bundesliga etc. all in Spanish in my package with Tricom Smartbox. Go Bayern :)