Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Uber in Santiago

    SANTIAGO TO CABARETE UBER
    Hey, new guy on DR1. I may be arriving at STI airport and need to go to cabarete on a semi regular basis. I am wondering if anyone here who has used an uber driver in Santiago regularly can recommend this person? I am thinking of establishing a regular driver if the price is better than a regular taxi.

  2. #2
    Gold
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    5,375
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Just a heads up: Uber is now available in Santiago as well.

  3. #3
    Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    224
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Uber in Santiago

    Uber arrived in Santiago

    as stated by there website:
    http://www.uberdominicana.com/

  4. #4
    Gold
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    5,375
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IEatTravelnCode View Post
    Uber arrived in Santiago

    as stated by there website:
    http://www.uberdominicana.com/
    http://dr1.com/forums/showthread.php...=1#post1688207

  5. #5
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,592
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IEatTravelnCode View Post
    Uber arrived in Santiago
    as stated by there website:
    http://www.uberdominicana.com/
    yep, apparently so: http://www.pandora.com.do/2016/04/11...llega-santiago

  6. #6
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,592
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    just for today uber offers free rides in santiago to all their users:
    http://www.citysantiago.com/2016/04/...o#.VxEwm_krLcc
    conditions apply.

  7. #7
    Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    419
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    just for today uber offers free rides in santiago to all their users:
    http://www.citysantiago.com/2016/04/...o#.VxEwm_krLcc
    conditions apply.
    I got two promo codes and decided to use them to try out the service, which was great and super cheap compare to taxis and it saved me some gas. I love the fact that you can see the car arriving in the map, no cash needed and way better cars than taxis. The two cars I used were excellent, one was a Lexus SUV and the other a Nissan Rogue and they arrived within 5 minutes. Besides the cars being better, the drivers seemed way more educated than your average Taxi drivers, the first one was some sort of musician while the second one works IT for a big company. I advise anyone in the Santiago area to try it out.

  8. #8
    Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    412
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    how much one can generate per hour of ubering in Santiago? i mean as a driver mas o menos?

  9. #9
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaRabbit View Post
    how much one can generate per hour of ubering in Santiago? i mean as a driver mas o menos?
    Probably tough to answer as it will depend on many factors.

    As a very ROUGH guide, you could probably assume 4 rides per hour, at about RD$150 each or RD$600. Of course, Uber will keep a share and you still have to pay gas.
    But there may be special incentives, considering that they are starting in Santiago (I've heard they had very favorable ones in SD earlier when they needed drivers).

    Perhaps RD$400/hour "net" might be a decent guesstimate...but just that a guesstimate. At that rate, one that puts 25 hrs a week, would end up with about RD$10,000/week (~US$1,000/month) for essentially time that would have gone to waste otherwise.

  10. Likes JessicaRabbit liked this post
  11. #10
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    919
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    LOL... only if there are 5 Uber drivers in whole Santiago and there is no traffic
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    Probably tough to answer as it will depend on many factors.

    As a very ROUGH guide, you could probably assume 4 rides per hour, at about RD$150 each or RD$600. Of course, Uber will keep a share and you still have to pay gas.
    But there may be special incentives, considering that they are starting in Santiago (I've heard they had very favorable ones in SD earlier when they needed drivers).

    Perhaps RD$400/hour "net" might be a decent guesstimate...but just that a guesstimate. At that rate, one that puts 25 hrs a week, would end up with about RD$10,000/week (~US$1,000/month) for essentially time that would have gone to waste otherwise.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •