consuelo despradel leaving la zeta

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
http://elnacional.com.do/consuelo-despradel-se-fue-de-la-z/

i don't know how many people here listen to la zeta... it's a major radio station, mostly news and a variety of daily shows: social, political, medical and so on.

consuelo despradel is an old bat who was running an afternoon show called el gobierno de la tarde, talking about politics and recent events. she has an extremely grating voice resembling a goat passing kidney stone size of a coconut. she's also very smart and funny and she's known for throwing insults at the callers if they get on her nerves (must be job requirement for all journalists working in la zeta).

consuelo will be leaving la zeta and moving to a different radio station with a similar program.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
She also has another program: La hora de Consuelo (The Hour of Consuelo)

[video=youtube;BgHre1mFhkk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgHre1mFhkk[/video]

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
why is a woman called consuelo?

There are several women's names that end in o Amparo is another and there are a few more. They are words with a specific meaning that would maybe lost if it were feminized.
Der Fish

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
explains why she swears like a man :)

la zeta is my favourite radio station here, they crack me up all the time with insults, jokes, sudden break into a song or prayer and various other shenanigans.

i know consuelo is much loved and respected too.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
There are several women's names that end in o Amparo is another and there are a few more. They are words with a specific meaning that would maybe lost if it were feminized.
Some women's names are "concepts" or virtues, or possibly special objects which may be converted in names. They do not have a feminine version.

Consuelo= consolation
Rosario=rosary
Roc?o= dew
Socorro=aid, help
Remedios=remedies
etc.

Also:
Concepci?n=Conception
Asunci?n=Assumption (of the Virgin Mary into Heaven)
Encarnaci?n=incarnation
etc