Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good business to get into

Every few months we have someone bounce into the room waving a fistful of dollars asking advice as to where to invest it. I don't know how big of an inestment this would take, nor whether by franchise or what, but going east from Santo Domingo there is a stretch of highway for 177 kilometers that has no visible gasoline stations. I saw three or maybe four propane places, but to buy diesel, none. I bet it woiuld take more bucks than most of gthese eager guys have, but to put in a gasoline station where none exists should be great. I assume that just a klick or 2 off the main road one would fiond them, but no signs pointing out "Exit here for Isla Station."
    Der Fish

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

gas station is a huge investment. way above the means of wannabe expats who occasionally pop here asking about business advice.

3. Likes spmc, PeterInBrat liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe big Frank from Jose O'Shays can drop one in once he gets his 1.2 Million...

5. Likes CristoRey, rice&beans liked this post
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    gas station is a huge investment. way above the means of wannabe expats who occasionally pop here asking about business advice.
    Plus the years of paperwork and permits for a new one.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah, bureaucracy on that is kinda tough...

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Most people are simply dreaming out loud, and trying to imagine how to have their Margaritaville fantasy while maintaining the Four Hour Work Week.

Well, as mentioned above, that dream is real, and Big Frank will sell it (along with Little Frank's first born) for the paltry sum of 1.2 Million. Dollars.

9. Likes AlterEgo, GuillermoRamon liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    I bet it woiuld take more bucks than most of gthese eager guys have
    and connections

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Not a chance. These possible spots are all already claimed by the usual bunch of people. Wanna bet?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

There's a semi retired Spanish guy at my colmado every other day when I get my coffee. He owns six of those coin op roulette machines and splits the money 50-50 with the store owners. He prob works 15 hours a week and makes enough to keep him happy. I figure he averages around 12000 pesos every other day.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Whereas there are new propane gas stations popping up all over the place. My guess is that it's an easy way to launder money and the petroleum companies don't seem to be interested in the propane monopoly.

Lot's of cash turnover. Narcos or corrupt politicos ideal solution.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast