Washing machine

ramy

Dec 16, 2007
Hello people,

Does somebody know, where I can buy Europe washing machine?
Call Ferreteria Americana Santo Domingo, sales no longer.
I need 2 machines , 110 or 220 voltage is not a problem, have both.
Hope somebody know it.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
where are you located? i've seen european style washing machines in corripio and gonzalez in POP.

ramy

Dec 16, 2007
Call in the meantime, Gonzales Pop, Carrefour Std, Corripio Std, Plaza HVB, Piertronouvel Std, but not possible to buy an Europe washing machine, nobody sells them.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
wait a second. what is "europe washing machine" to you? made in europe? or front loading full automatic machine? can you provide a link with example?

ramy

Dec 16, 2007
European machine-made in Europe.
They have one connection for cold water, and then you can set the temperature itself 20 to 95 degrees.
Everything is automatic.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
European machine-made in Europe.
They have one connection for cold water, and then you can set the temperature itself 20 to 95 degrees.
Everything is automatic.

As indicated by others, find in the web a few examples of machines you'd be interested and post links to specific models.

OK, I'll help out.

One of these:

m7g780.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i know some people who claim they bought a washing machine that heats the water in corripio or gonzalez but i always had my doubts...

i would give up calling and try to visit few stores when you have a chance. it's possible you were not able to explain yourself well enough or that the workers did not quite get the idea.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
If you can't find one with an internal heater and your hot water doesn't reach the laundry area, I'd buy an electrical (or gas) instant heater. They cost about USD250 and will warm the water instantly when you need it, no tank, just a heating element.

I have seen machines though that have the internal heater and it was at Molina.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
i know some people who claim they bought a washing machine that heats the water in corripio or gonzalez but i always had my doubts...

The hot water at a typical European or N. American home is normally set in the 40-60 Celsius range, which is below the hottest available washing temp (90 C, I think, close to boiling point).

Hence, the machine (European or N. American or Asian) necessarily must have a way to heat the water that comes in (even if it comes from the house hot water system).

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
The hot water at a typical European or N. American home is normally set in the 40-60 Celsius range, which is below the hottest available washing temp (90 C, I think, close to boiling point).

Hence, the machine (European or N. American or Asian) necessarily must have a way to heat the water that comes in (even if it comes from the house hot water system).

Probably just like with dishwashers, many of those heating elements are made for just that: raise the temperature 30 degrees or so. Not 60-70 degrees.

ramy

Dec 16, 2007
Plaza Naco, is this in Santo Domingo?
This is the kind of machine where i'm looking for.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Yes, in SD.

Av Tiradentes, between right past Fantino Falco, if you come from 27 and go to Kennedy.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we have this ginormous, by european standard, front loading fully automatic machine. it does use hot water from the tap but it's never hot enough. we are thinking of installing another electric on demand heater just for this. the heater turned out to be rather cheap to run as well.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
we have this ginormous, by european standard, front loading fully automatic machine. it does use hot water from the tap but it's never hot enough. we are thinking of installing another electric on demand heater just for this. the heater turned out to be rather cheap to run as well.

We'll be doing that too but I think I'll buy a gas heater. I'd prefer to have a European machine but those full automatic machines don't work really well with the occasional power outage (and especially when it comes back) and the occasional 'Mano dura' of the maids. When we bought the machine we have now it took only one week for one of the knobs to come off. (Just like I change kitchen faucets every 5-6 months).

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i don't even let the maids enter laundry area. the machine is plugged into this thingummy that protects it from irregularities, voltage regulator? when not in use it is off. so far, so good.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
Probably just like with dishwashers, many of those heating elements are made for just that: raise the temperature 30 degrees or so. Not 60-70 degrees.
Well, they shouldn't assume more than 40C at the source (that is a common setting for home water heaters).
But in the DR, ambient temperature is about 30C, possibly close to 35C in hot days. I'd say if the machine heater can handle input water at 40C it should work OK in the DR most days (since the 'cold' water temp will be fairly close to that anyway).