water price

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
With these new water meters being installed by Coraaplata. What is the price per litre or gallon that they are charging?

sabra

Jun 16, 2007
What I can tell you, looking my last invoice of Corraplata:

date: 10-03.2016 - 07.07.2016
meter reading: 148 / 183

So the consume was 35, for this I paid 336 RD$.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
no worries :) i would not be surprised if that was a date on the bill after all :)

btw, can you give us the size of your household? how many people? do you have a pool? just trying to figure out average use.

sabra

Jun 16, 2007
no worries :) i would not be surprised if that was a date on the bill after all :)

btw, can you give us the size of your household? how many people? do you have a pool? just trying to figure out average use.

We have 3 studios and two apartments, in one apartments we are living, in the other one a german friend, permanent .
The studios mostly are empty, reservated for our friends from Europe, they regularly come once or twice a year for
about 6 weeks. Inbetween sometimes friends from Cabarete are living for some weeks.
Washing machine, big garden with lot of flowers. I always try to handle the thing with water economic,
with respect of the water situation in the world generally; beside I save money.
No pool. The distance to Cabarete beach is only about 600 m.

sabra

Jun 16, 2007
We have 3 studios and two apartments, in one apartments we are living, in the other one a german friend, permanent .
The studios mostly are empty, reservated for our friends from Europe, they regularly come once or twice a year for
about 6 weeks. Inbetween sometimes friends from Cabarete are living for some weeks.
Washing machine, big garden with lot of flowers. I always try to handle the thing with water economic,
with respect of the water situation in the world generally; beside I save money.
No pool. The distance to Cabarete beach is only about 600 m.

I add, the price/consume I wrote for March/April, results of the consume of five people in the house in this period,
smile > and three doggies.:)

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
I have had a meter for the past few years. I pay 437 pesos every month.

Dont worry about it. they will soon steal all the meters as they did in the capital. The meters have some brass in them they sell them for scrap metal. Mine was stolen more than 10 years ago. The corparation just put a piece of pipe ware the meter used to go. Then on your price will be like the lottery .

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
thanks for info, sabra. we currently pay almost 500 pesos a month for 2 people (and a bunch of pets). they are supposed to install meters but nothing so far.

sabra

Jun 16, 2007
thanks for info, sabra. we currently pay almost 500 pesos a month for 2 people (and a bunch of pets). they are supposed to install meters but nothing so far.

Wait and see, dv8. I just checked out the difference between our costs for water in our home in Germany and here.
With the result, that up to now it is such a big difference, means here extremely cheaper.

sylindr

Nov 29, 2007
We have had a meter installed but no water to run through it :( I was hoping with a meter some water would come lol. Crazy me!