internet calls, whatsapp calls, hangout calls fix for android

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I have been having an issue over my galaxy note 3 phone where my incoming whatsapp calls and my google voice hangout calls didn't have audio. meaning; i would receive a call but i could not hear the other side, they heard me fine. so when I would call them back, the call will be normal and audio was fixed. this problem got even worse on my LG L3 phone where my call audio would fade in and out to the other party.
the culprit was google voice search app. I had activated "Ok google" which would bring out the google search function on my phone. this app was interfering with my audio setup of various voip apps. all you do is dis-activate the "ok google" function and everything will become Hunky dory. I had my google voice search on "ok google" on all screens. this means I would just say "ok google" and a siri type voice would ask me what I wanted to know. you just throw anything at it and it will answer for you. very useful app but I really don't need all the bells and whistles that come with the voice activated function. Once I dis-activated the voice triggering function, my hangout incoming calls and whatsapp calls became fixed.
AZB

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I use Google Voice throughout the day, all day, without any problems. Its so nice to be able to call the
states (landlines or cell phones) FOR FREE without being charged international calling rates.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I use Google Voice throughout the day, all day, without any problems. Its so nice to be able to call the
states (landlines or cell phones) FOR FREE without being charged international calling rates.

you said that right. I have been using google voice for many years and I am very happy with this free phone service. I travel to many different countries and it's a relief to know you always have an american number which can call home from any where in the world and also receive calls. All free.
I had put in 10 dollars in my google voice account many years ago to be able to call international lines. I still have like $7.87 left in the account because my calls to UK land lines is only 1 penny a minute. I hardly make international calls but if I have to, i can.
AZB