Line too long while replying

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
While replying, or when creating a new message like this, the number of characters per line is way too many (line too long). In a reply with quoted text, I must scroll far to the right to be able to see the complete line of text.

This seems to be a new bug (started noticing it a few weeks ago).

See below for a screenshot.

Please, fix.

Thanks.

2s8slcw.jpg

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
This is caused by the browser you are using, not DR1.
I'm guessing you are using Firefox perhaps?

This has been posted in a couple different threads on DR1 starting many months ago.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
This is caused by the browser you are using, not DR1.
I'm guessing you are using Firefox perhaps?

This has been posted in a couple different threads on DR1 starting many months ago.
I have noticed the problem with BOTH FF and Chrome. I hardly ever use IE (for various reasons).
The fact that the problems shows in some browsers but not others does NOT prove that it is "caused by the browser you are using".

Chrome is by far the most popular web browser (~70% of market share), followed precisely by FF (~18%).
Obviously between the 2 of them that is near 90% of the users.

vBulletin (the forum software used here) is a very popular forum software.
Do you seriously believe that is there was a generalized problem that affects almost 90% of vBulletin users the people behind the software wouldn't have solved it already?

This MUST be a local (DR1) issue.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
I have noticed the problem with BOTH FF and Chrome. I hardly ever use IE (for various reasons).
The fact that the problems shows in some browsers but not others does NOT prove that it is "caused by the browser you are using".

Chrome is by far the most popular web browser (~70% of market share), followed precisely by FF (~18%).
Obviously between the 2 of them that is near 90% of the users.

vBulletin (the forum software used here) is a very popular forum software.
Do you seriously believe that is there was a generalized problem that affects almost 90% of vBulletin users the people behind the software wouldn't have solved it already?

This MUST be a local (DR1) issue.

I go to several different forums and this is the only one that has this problem. It started a couple of months ago.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
I go to several different forums and this is the only one that has this problem. It started a couple of months ago.

Right. Apparently others started experiencing this problem much earlier (perhaps when they upgraded to Windows 10??).
Do your other forums also use vBuletin software? That is relevant. Many forums use other platforms.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Right. Apparently others started experiencing this problem much earlier (perhaps when they upgraded to Windows 10??).
Do your other forums also use vBuletin software? That is relevant. Many forums use other platforms.

None have the same symbol on the page tab that I associate with Vbulliten, but I would not know for sure, nor how to figure out.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
None have the same symbol on the page tab that I associate with Vbulliten, but I would not know for sure, nor how to figure out.

Your other forums may have at the bottom of each page (or the front page) a line like the one this has:

"Powered by vBulletin? Version x.x.x
Copyright ? 2016 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved."

If they use a different platform, there may be a similar line.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
The same thing happens to me with Chrome. It's very annoying.

Same here, CHROME.. same problem.. its not our browser..
and it is annoying to the point where one has to TYPE ones Comment another way, like in a New EMAIL, and then Cut and Paste it here
or its just a huge waste of time trying to navigate with the sideways scroll bar...

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I've been having the same problem. I use chrome but after hitting the post button it adusts itself. Thought is was something I was doing wrong.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
It could be Windows 10 Related, as Virgo stated.. that is an odd coincidence that I switched to windows 10 on this PC, and I think it
did start happening right around that time.. but not 100%

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
It could be Windows 10 Related, as Virgo stated.. that is an odd coincidence that I switched to windows 10 on this PC, and I think it
did start happening right around that time.. but not 100%

It's possible, though I think it's probably browser-related. Windows 10 has been glitchy (what else is new), but the problem is appearing on both our PC and Snow Leopard-equipped Macs.

Frustrating.