Mureo El General Larguito

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
A locally famous musician died today or yesterday. Called El General Larguito. My lady and her friends are all sad about it. I had never heard of him before this gathering here in my house when I was asked to play some of his music from Youtube. One old gal says he passed yesterday, the rest think it was earlier today.
Der Fish

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
its murio not mureo. :)
anyway, makes no difference in my life about the life and death of this musician. RIP.
AZB

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i was surprised to read that he was only 69 years old, same as my dad. he looked as dry and frail as crypt keeper.
RIP

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
And behold, the full story from today's DR1 news
Grassroots merengue singer dies
Yesterday, Monday 25 April 2016 the grassroots merengue singer, Tomas Santana de la Cruz, known as General Larguito, died following a period of ill health.
General Larguito who was made famous by the song "Christmas without my mother" had been admitted to a Santiago clinic and then to the Cruz Jiminian clinic where he was released and then died at his home in Santiago.
He was also famous for a whole range of other songs, which have been recorded by several different groups.
Tomas Santana de la Cruz was born in Gaspar Hernandez, Espaillat (Moca), on 7 March 1947 and was brought up in Guayubin, Monte Cristi province and then lived part of his life in Imbert, Puerto Plata.
http://www.listindiario.com/entrete...iago-el-merenguero-tipico-el-general-larguito

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
This was a big cultural event because there are fewer and fewer old line "t?pico" merengueros left. When one of this stature passes away, a big part of Dominican culture dies with him. Cultural pride is a positive force that distinguishes Dominicans. I would like to see more content about it on this site.