Established and professional engineering/surveying company needed

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
On behalf of the owners of a property on the north coast, I am attempting to locate a reputable geoengineering company with a proven track record.

Either the house itself is subsiding or the land on which the house sits is moving. I need a company that can determine which of these scenarios is the case, whether the situation can be resolved and a plan for doing so if such an option is feasible.

It doesn't much matter where this firm is located in the DR. I am more concerned with finding a professional organization that will be prepared to issue a written report based on sound engineering principles, collected data and an understanding of the geology and hydrodynamics in the area. I am not looking for some guy who thinks he can pull this off. Those without theodolites, automatic levels/transit levels and laser positioning equipment will not be considered. I don't need a home inspector, I need professional team that will stand behind their work.

Not exactly your everyday question but I figured I'd try as someone who lives here may have dealt with such a firm if they built their house here.

Thx.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
On behalf of the owners of a property on the north coast, I am attempting to locate a reputable geoengineering company with a proven track record.

Either the house itself is subsiding or the land on which the house sits is moving. I need a company that can determine which of these scenarios is the case, whether the situation can be resolved and a plan for doing so if such an option is feasible.

It doesn't much matter where this firm is located in the DR. I am more concerned with finding a professional organization that will be prepared to issue a written report based on sound engineering principles, collected data and an understanding of the geology and hydrodynamics in the area. I am not looking for some guy who thinks he can pull this off. Those without theodolites, automatic levels/transit levels and laser positioning equipment will not be considered. I don't need a home inspector, I need professional team that will stand behind their work.

Not exactly your everyday question but I figured I'd try as someone who lives here may have dealt with such a firm if they built their house here.

Thx.

"geoengineering"???????

Did you meant something else maybe?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Perhaps, but the description I provided should leave no doubt as to what expertise/services I am looking for:

A consulting engineering firm specializing in geotechnical, geologic, hydrogeologic, and environmental issues as these pertain to the construction of a structure in a given geographic area.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Buster, I have sent the question to George... remember him ?
Cabarete lunch??

If anybody knows , he will

I'll let you know