Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Paypal and Banco Popular problem

Is anyone else having a problem with transferring money?

I successfully linked my account 2 weeks ago. No problem but when I go to transfer money I get a 1801 error code.
    This is after going through all the screens and inputting the token code on the final screen.

Paypal says there is no problem. Popular says the problem is Paypal. Typical.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't comment on Paypal with Banco Popular, but yesterday I tried several times to use my foreign card in several Popular ATMs to make a withdrawal. When the screen asking if you accept the 195dop charge comes up, I pressed yes, then the machine froze. I had to wait a while before it ejected my card. Several other foreigners in the queue had similar problems.

Perhaps they are experiencing some foreign banking problems.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    Can't comment on Paypal with Banco Popular, but yesterday I tried several times to use my foreign card in several Popular ATMs to make a withdrawal. When the screen asking if you accept the 195dop charge comes up, I pressed yes, then the machine froze. I had to wait a while before it ejected my card. Several other foreigners in the queue had similar problems.

Perhaps they are experiencing some foreign banking problems.
    Exactly the same thing happened to me when I tried using the ATM next to Papaterra in Gaspar Hernandez last Friday. Went back again yesterday, same thing. Seems to be a big glitch in the system somewhere.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

and now most progreso atms say please insert card after already inserted. Doesn't work and nobody cares to fix it. One in Nacional been that way for 8 months

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I just transfered funds from PayPal with no problem.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kathyaa586 View Post
    I just transfered funds from PayPal with no problem.

How does the PayPal thing work in the DR, are you transferring from a USA US dollar account to a DR US dollar account or to a DOP peso account?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I use it from a US dollar account to a peso account. It takes anywhere from 5-7 days to come in but I haven't had any problems with it.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tonchi View Post
    Is anyone else having a problem with transferring money?

I successfully linked my account 2 weeks ago. No problem but when I go to transfer money I get a 1801 error code.
    This is after going through all the screens and inputting the token code on the final screen.

Paypal says there is no problem. Popular says the problem is Paypal. Typical.
    I have Banco Popular. And I have transferred money. But before I can transfer money to my BP account, I have to fund my PayPal account from my USA bank. That part takes about 4 days. Once PayPal has the funds from my USA account, then I am able to transfer that money from PayPal into my BP account. That may take an additional 4 days.

In other words. I cant simply transfer money from PayPal to BP, until I fund the PayPal account 1st with my USA bank.

In your post you didnt say whether or not your PayPal account was funded already with a balance/credit?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wrx2005 View Post
    I have Banco Popular. And I have transferred money. But before I can transfer money to my BP account, I have to fund my PayPal account from my USA bank. That part takes about 4 days. Once PayPal has the funds from my USA account, then I am able to transfer that money from PayPal into my BP account. That may take an additional 4 days.

In other words. I cant simply transfer money from PayPal to BP, until I fund the PayPal account 1st with my USA bank.

In your post you didnt say whether or not your PayPal account was funded already with a balance/credit?
    www.xoom.com is a service of Paypal at present. If transferring direct from your US bank account it takes less than 24 hours. This is after the first time, which may take 3 days, But I sat at my computer about 3:00 AM on a Sunday and picked up the money before 10:00 AM on Monday inside of Banco Popular.
    My experience last week.
    Der Fish

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I am getting transfers weekly from PayPal to BPD. Never a problem. Takes 4 days. (Tuesday sent Sunday in account). Only one time it took them 6 days with more than 50 weekly transfers done so far. Works smooth for me.
    Of course that can change from one day to the other. Don't forget where we are...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast