Rudy Giuliani Rips The DR a New One

Status
Not open for further replies.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Dominican security system dysfunctional: Ex-New York mayor

Santo Domingo.- Former New York mayor Rudolph Giuliani on Wednesday called Dominican Republic?s current security system ?dysfunctional? and must be fixed from top to bottom.

"We must end corruption from the top down. But if you cannot end corruption at the top, corruption at the bottom cannot end," he said to unveil the security plan for the platform of opposition PRM party presidential candidate Luis Abinader.

Giuliani said the country needs a computerized system that collects statistics and a map where the crimes being committed can be seen.

"This country has too crimes against women are ignored and that should be changed with a unit of specialization victims," ??he said, noting that only forensics should determine the cause of death because in his view there are many cases of homicides classified as an accident.

"There must be doping tests on cops?laws that don?t allow weapons to be used by people who have mental problems," he said.

Giuliani added that a DNA bank should be created, and as an example said in his country, 10 percent of murder are resolved by taking suspects? DNA.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
You call that ripping a new one? Every Jose and Juanita I know says the same thing.

I wish they included Abinader's plan in the article

Ps. Is there a link?

Last edited:

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
What the DR needs is a system to record every single 911 call, so when a woman is being battered to death, the police can't get away with saying "bring us money for gas and next time we'll go".

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I think I told the story of my neighbour being killed by his wife. The police were called a few times over a few months, never came. Eventually he went to the police station to make a complaint against her, she had thrown oil on him. Wouldn't do anything as they were about to finish their shift within the hour. 2 days later she killed him outside the colmado. We figure all together he tried to seek police help well over 5 times, nothing.

A system doesn't change police mentality.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
Why does America insist on poking their nose on everyone else's business?

Not "America". He is just a politician earning his money as a consultant to another politician.

Not saying that everything he claims is false. But obviously as a paid consultant to a presidential candidate weeks before the election he has to help the case of his candidate.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Not "America". He is just a politician earning his money as a consultant to another politician.

Not saying that everything he claims is false. But obviously as a paid consultant to a presidential candidate weeks before the election he has to help the case of his candidate.

the fact that a guy who aspires to be the leader of this country would call upon the services of Rudy Giuliani for anything speaks volumes...

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
the fact that a guy who aspires to be the leader of this country would call upon the services of Rudy Giuliani for anything speaks volumes...

Maybe. It doesn't change the fact that Rudy is just a politician working for a candidate days before the election.

He may still be right about certain things but he is NOT an unbiased source.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
I think I told the story of my neighbour being killed by his wife. The police were called a few times over a few months, never came. Eventually he went to the police station to make a complaint against her, she had thrown oil on him. Wouldn't do anything as they were about to finish their shift within the hour. 2 days later she killed him outside the colmado. We figure all together he tried to seek police help well over 5 times, nothing.

A system doesn't change police mentality.

Off topic posts deleted!!!!!

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012

It would be great if Albinader or anyone else could clean up crime and corruption here in the D.R. like Giuliani did in N.Y. Off Topic post deleted!!!
I have lived here in the D.R. for almost 10 years and witness the increase in crime (especially violent crime).

Last edited by a moderator:

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
"we" all know this already. Everyone has an opinion on fixing the DR. Not interested in even one more.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
It would be great if Albinader or anyone else could clean up crime and corruption here in the D.R. like Giuliani did in N.Y. I lived in the tristate area, including Manhattan before and during Giuliani and can tell you it was night and day for the better after Giuliani's efforts.
I have lived here in the D.R. for almost 10 years and witness the increase in crime (especially violent crime).

off topic post deleted!!!!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
This is about an event almost 3 months ago. About a topic beaten to death here.

Thank you greydread for supplying the links I asked for.

Closing this so I don't end up beating my head against a wall - they're cement here

Status
Not open for further replies.