Off topic posts deleted!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Excellent action by Mods in another thread.

Do it much more posting the deletion in bold often so the offending posters hopefully see the light.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
I have appreciated that clarification myself. Do they also get demerits when their posts get deleted?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
You see I do not sit on here for 9 hours trolling alike a few esteemed members. @ first glance I thought the OP was bitching about having his posts deleted, my bad, and sincere apologies to Robert.
I re-read the OP, yes GREAT JOB Dorota, Grace, Mike et al, and Wud.
I mean this from my corazon!

How could I leave out Barry.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
Please clarify, I'm stupid, have no idea what you mean..........

Actually it is clear what he means by:
"Do it much more posting the deletion in bold often so the offending posters hopefully see the light."

Do it much more frequently, highlighting the deletion with bold face, so that the offending posters (optimistically) see the light.

I guess it's like a "fill in the blank" sort of thing.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Actually it is clear what he means by:
"Do it much more posting the deletion in bold often so the offending posters hopefully see the light."

Do it much more frequently, highlighting the deletion with bold face, so that the offending posters (optimistically) see the light.

I guess it's like a "fill in the blank" sort of thing.

Waytogo was talking to ju10prd, why are you sarcastically and abrasively answering a moderator that was not even talking to you

Are you the new boss here?

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Ion, everything is fine, it will all level off, Virgo is new to OT and was trying to be helpful.
Now, on with the show.........:cheeky:

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
Waytogo was talking to ju10prd, why are you sarcastically and abrasively answering a moderator that was not even talking to you

Are you the new boss here?
By your own 'logic' I wasn't talking to you, either.

My post is neither sarcastic nor abrasive. Why do you speak for others, and interpret my post for others?

I hope the mods follow your recent posts. It is VERY obvious you have been provoking me. The board keeps the evidence. Target someone else.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
For all of those who know (love it or hate it) my cheeky ass sense of humor... I probably average
at least one deleted post every other day. I've yet to lose any sleep over it, SERIOUSLY
who cares? The mods are just doing what mods are supposed to do and thats MODERATING THIS FORUM.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
For all of those who know (love it or hate it) my cheeky ass sense of humor... I probably average
at least one deleted post every other day. I've yet to lose any sleep over it, SERIOUSLY
who cares? The mods are just doing what mods are supposed to do and thats MODERATING THIS FORUM.

count your lucky stars. at least you only get your off topic posts deleted. you could be getting banned at every turn.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
count your lucky stars. at least you only get your off topic posts deleted. you could be getting banned at every turn.

Been banned a few times in the past but thankfully none were permanent.
Through trial and error I've kind of figured out what I can and can not get away with :cheeky:
no pun intended.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
How about deleting the off topic forum

it's the scourge of DR1:pirate:

if you delete the off topic forum, then all you have is a bunch of threads with newbies asking where they can buy cellphone sim cards, and guys telling us that they bought a million square foot condo in Cabarete. yawn.

it is not the forum. it is the existence of the anachronisms who are unaware that internet flaming went out of vogue with tie dye shirts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
if you delete the off topic forum, then all you have is a bunch of threads with newbies asking where they can but cellphone sim cards, and guys telling us that they bought a million square foot condo in Cabarete. yawn.

it is not the forum. it is the existence of the anachronisms who are unaware that internet flaming went out of vogue with tie dye shirts.

I have an even better suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.