promese making changes to their medicine list

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
http://www.listindiario.com/la-repu.../promese-vendera-49-nuevos-farmacos-e-insumos

promese, which runs farmacias del pueblo will lower the prices of some medicine and introduce new products to their pharmacies.
farmacias del pueblo are pharmacies selling basic medicine at low rates to meet the needs of dominicans with low income. they are usually located close to public hospitals and clinics.

My mother-in-law "TRIES" to use these farmacias, but after standing in a long line, in the baking sun, only to be told, "NO HAY HOY" every time, she gave up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like most DR gov. social programs, they have a lot of "Sizzle" but no "STEAK"!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
Yeah ... no use to the poor working class (oxymoron ?) as they are at work or travelling to work all week and cant waste hours waiting to save a few pesos.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Last year Mr AE had several prescriptions from the hospital in Palenque that needed to be filled. I'd seen a pharmacy at the end of the building so after getting him to the car I went in to fill them. I had no idea it was one of those public ones. Prices were really low - one was for an antibiotic cream that had a painkiller in it. It was 80 pesos for a tube.

The woman working there probably wondered what I was doing there, but she didn't say anything. I've not been back now that I know. BTW there was no line at all. But I've seen a line a mile long outside of the one near the entrance to the big zona franca in Haina

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I use the botica popular, as do many and have never had to queue more than in any other pharmacy. All of the basic drugs are available at a fraction of the cost. For those who live in areas with a polyclinic they provide a whole range of medicines totally free as well. When I moved here I was visited by the local polyclinic doctor who checked me over, prepared a medical card for me and told me to call in there monthly for a blood pressure check and to get any meds I needed that they stocked. She turned up again last week to check if there were any children in the house to vaccinate.

Here you can download a list of the prices. http://promesecal.gob.do/listado-de-precios/

Matilda

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I use the botica popular, as do many and have never had to queue more than in any other pharmacy. All of the basic drugs are available at a fraction of the cost. For those who live in areas with a polyclinic they provide a whole range of medicines totally free as well. When I moved here I was visited by the local polyclinic doctor who checked me over, prepared a medical card for me and told me to call in there monthly for a blood pressure check and to get any meds I needed that they stocked. She turned up again last week to check if there were any children in the house to vaccinate.

Here you can download a list of the prices. http://promesecal.gob.do/listado-de-precios/

Matilda

How confident are you that the drugs are "real"? I've heard rumors about hypertension drugs bought there that weren't

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
How confident are you that the drugs are "real"? I've heard rumors about hypertension drugs bought there that weren't

You can buy drugs from proper pharmacies that aren't real so I only get my hypertension meds from a good laboratory. But for acetaminophen, parasite drugs, ibuprofen stuff like that they are fine. I also use the list to send to foreign women whose Dominican boyfriends tell them that ampillicina is RD$2,000 a pill lol.

Matilda