Immigration Red Flag

NAGUA

Mar 19, 2016
So almost overtime I land in any airport in the DR they pull me to the side and into the immigration office. from 5-20 minutes. If my wife was not from the DR I would not even comeback to this island as it is really starting to **** me off. When I ask them why are they confiscating my passport and holding me they tell me that someone else has been using my name. My name is NOT common at all there is maybe 20 people world wide with my last name. When they scan my passport I can see a big red box pop up on the monitor say see a supervisor. This all happened about the time I broke up with a Dominicana that was playing games with me saying that she was pregnant with my baby. She is a lawyer and could probably get me red flagged. I asked her to give me a DNA sample from the baby so I could verify here in the states that baby was mine and she would not cooperate. Honestly I am not sure why this is happening.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I know a guy that had a problem much worse than yours with immigration. He hired a lawyer and got it solved. Trying to fix it
yourself will get you nothing but a big headache.

NAGUA

Mar 19, 2016
I know a guy that had a problem much worse than yours with immigration. He hired a lawyer and got it solved. Trying to fix it
yourself will get you nothing but a big headache.
Well considering in 2013 I traveled to SDQ 13 times and PUJ 1 time it was a pain in the arse. SDQ does not hassle me for that long 5-10 minutes but PUJ kept me detained for over a half hour and then told me I was free to go. And would not tell me why I was detained. Maybe the frequent trips?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You obviously have a red flag attached to the system. If you can live with it fine. If not, hire a lawyer to fix it.

guerrero777

Mar 31, 2016
Hey Nagua

If you have a US passport then Lab Refrencia is one of the few DNA testing facilities that are recognized by the US Embassy. This delay at immigrations happened to me 3 times a few years ago. Was told that some guy who had my name was banned from entering the DR. After, the 3rd time I talked with the supervisor, and explained to him that even though someone had my name....my passport number could not be the same as the individual who was banned from entering the DR. Haven't had a problem since, and I enter and exit the DR 5 or 6 times each year for the past 6 years. Since your (ex-girlfriend?) is a lawyer....as mentioned below you should seek a good lawyer for yourself. Best of luck.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Why spend money on a lawyer. It's a flag on your passport, go to your embassy and tell them what is going on, let them get to the bottom of it fee free. It's your choice to visit a place where anyone with a grudge and a bit of weight can make your life hell if they so choose.

But I don't quite understand, it red flags then they just let you go? Seems odd.

If you're going to do the DNA thing then make sure it is sent to a Lab in your home country and preferably one recognized by your embassy so there is some weight if this doesn't go away. It's a bit more expensive but worth getting the right results.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
So almost overtime I land in any airport in the DR they pull me to the side and into the immigration office. from 5-20 minutes. If my wife was not from the DR I would not even comeback to this island as it is really starting to **** me off. When I ask them why are they confiscating my passport and holding me they tell me that someone else has been using my name. My name is NOT common at all there is maybe 20 people world wide with my last name. When they scan my passport I can see a big red box pop up on the monitor say see a supervisor. This all happened about the time I broke up with a Dominicana that was playing games with me saying that she was pregnant with my baby. She is a lawyer and could probably get me red flagged. I asked her to give me a DNA sample from the baby so I could verify here in the states that baby was mine and she would not cooperate. Honestly I am not sure why this is happening.

Your fix is an easy one. Just time consuming. Apply to US Dept. of Homeland Security for a "Redress" number. when applying, be sure to mention the issues in the DR and include dates and specifics if possible. They will issues a statement for YOUR passport and these security issues will go away.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Why spend money on a lawyer. It's a flag on your passport, go to your embassy and tell them what is going on, let them get to the bottom of it fee free. It's your choice to visit a place where anyone with a grudge and a bit of weight can make your life hell if they so choose.

I doubt his embassy can help him with this. It's DR jurisdiction. It's Migraci?n's system so they're probably the only ones that can confirm why he's being flagged and how to go about getting it fixed.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Your fix is an easy one. Just time consuming. Apply to US Dept. of Homeland Security for a "Redress" number. when applying, be sure to mention the issues in the DR and include dates and specifics if possible. They will issues a statement for YOUR passport and these security issues will go away.

He is red flagged in the Dominican Immigration system, not in the US.

I had something very similar happening to me every time I entered the US. I was living in The Bahamas at the time, and luckily I met a guy on the opposing Darts team who was a US Customs officer, when I told him my story I gave him a copy of my passport (They have US pre-clearance Immigration/Customs in The Bahamas) and the problem went away. Guess he went to one of his Immigration buddy's computers and unflagged me.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I doubt his embassy can help him with this. It's DR jurisdiction. It's Migraci?n's system so they're probably the only ones that can confirm why he's being flagged and how to go about getting it fixed.

If they are saying the reason is because someone else is traveling under his ID then sure it is a concern for the Embassy. I know the Embassies are less than pathetic at helping its citizens but if it is an ID thing I'd have thought they may show interest. But you're probably right, my experiences with the Embassy is they are an utter waste of space.

Worth trying before paying out money on lawyers. I dunno if it is an American thing, but they seem reluctant to fart without legal advice from a lawyer, before even considering alternatives.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
He is red flagged in the Dominican Immigration system, not in the US.

I had something very similar happening to me every time I entered the US. I was living in The Bahamas at the time, and luckily I met a guy on the opposing Darts team who was a US Customs officer, when I told him my story I gave him a copy of my passport (They have US pre-clearance Immigration/Customs in The Bahamas) and the problem went away. Guess he went to one of his Immigration buddy's computers and unflagged me.

No kidding.. But the DR isn't the one who flags American passports. US is. I had this same issue some years ago after getting a new passport. I did just what I posted, and my problems vanished. FYI, the only countries I had problems with were DR, and when I traveled and had to clear through in Puerto Rico.

Last edited:

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
No kidding.. But the DR isn't the one who flags American passports. US is. I had this same issue some years ago after getting a new passport. I did just what I posted, and my problems vanished. FYI, the only countries I had problems with were DR, and when I traveled and had to clear through in Puerto Rico.

I have a German passport.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Are you using the same passport from the time this started?

If so, maybe it's flagged by your passport number, with U.S. passports, you get a different passport number every time you renew/replace.

I had a lady friend once from Jamaica with a British passport, she stayed 6 months in the States once and the next time she came (A few weeks later), they sent her right back. A little birdie told me to have her get a new passport. It worked.

NAGUA

Mar 19, 2016
Honestly this woman fooled me. I sent her more than $5,000 plus visiting her. She sent me a pregnancy test showing positive in a pic via email 8 days after I left. First time we met. So the money river began. Then one day I get a call here in the states from her best friend telling me that she really likes me and that she was scamming me. By the way both of these girls are lawyers. So I requested to bring a DNA test kit from here in the states on airplane with me but she would not let me touch baby. So I cut all ties with her and then the red flagging started. Still do not know for sure why this has been happening.

NAGUA

Mar 19, 2016
Are you using the same passport from the time this started?

If so, maybe it's flagged by your passport number, with U.S. passports, you get a different passport number every time you renew/replace.

I had a lady friend once from Jamaica with a British passport, she stayed 6 months in the States once and the next time she came (A few weeks later), they sent her right back. A little birdie told me to have her get a new passport. It worked.
Ah ok. Funny you bring this up. My passport is so full of stamps that immigration in Miami told me to get a new passport 4 trips ago. So this will be my last trip with this passport.