At Long Last - Pig on Motoconcho

Marc

Jan 1, 2002
www.haugen.ca
my site

the link works for me at home and here at work, don't know what happened.

The haugen.ca has not been updated in a loooong time, I just use the space as storage right now.

marc

richard

Jan 1, 2002
Marc said:
Finally got a pic of the ever elusive cerdo-concho on our last trip out to Samana.

Too bad about the hand in the pic, but beggars can't be choosers...

marc

http://www.haugen.ca/drpics/pigonconcho.jpg
Another great one Marc. Was the pig dead or heading for his last few minutes? Years ago when we were replacing the cana (thatch on the roofs) over the entrance toTreetop we ran out of cana. When estimating how much cana was needed on jobs, there were always big discussions as to how many horse loads of cana were needed. When we ran out , since we didn't have a pickup truck available three conchos were dispatched to pick it up.

Maybe an hour later we heard this stange noise on the street and there were the conchos pulling the cana behind them as they delivered the cana. All eyes were on the conchos and tourists were snapping pictures like crazy. They did a great job of cleaning the street. It was another time I wished I had had my camera.

Marc

Jan 1, 2002
www.haugen.ca
still kickin'!

If you look close in the pic he is actually looking at us when we drove by. Too funny. I actually asked the guy to stop and took another shot, but this one turned out way better, if you can believe that.

still need the bread-guy pic, if anyone has it...

marc