Making a living selling chicken

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
http://www.listindiario.com/economia/2016/04/28/417226/vende-pollo-hace-35-anos

I see this guy every day when bringing my children to school, for a while I had to slow down every day so my children would lower the car window and shout 'pollero!', which he would always answer with a big smile and a greeting back.

I always thought this man was a poor guy, working hard to survive. Reading the article, the guy sells 800 pounds of chicken a day, between what he distributes and what he sells on the corner. Amazing.

I wouldn't have talked about it in the newspaper though. I'll look at this guy with different eyes for now on.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
There are truly some hard working people in the DR.. Well deserving of every peso he makes for sure.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I wouldn't have talked about it in the newspaper though. I'll look at this guy with different eyes for now on.

listin occasionally has articles like that: street sellers, service providers and so on. pretty decent writing too.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Not sure if it is the same guy but there is a "chicken man" on the corner a few blocks above JFK and a few block west of Maximo Gomez in Santo Domingo.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Very telling article. Hopefully it doesn?t bring any unwanted ?attention?to this fella or his family.
Indeed, hard work pays off (sometimes).

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Not sure if it is the same guy but there is a "chicken man" on the corner a few blocks above JFK and a few block west of Maximo Gomez in Santo Domingo.

This guy is on the corner of Francisco Villaespesa and Juan Alejandro Ibarra. Indeed a few blocks north of Kennedy and 4 blocks west of Maximo Gomez. Right where a Mercedes Benz workshop is.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
This guy is on the corner of Francisco Villaespesa and Juan Alejandro Ibarra. Indeed a few blocks north of Kennedy and 4 blocks west of Maximo Gomez. Right where a Mercedes Benz workshop is.

That is the guy I saw then. It was early afternoon when I was walking by and he was cleaning up shop for the day. I go by bigbird but not a chicken expert. It sure did look like some fresh as can be chicken. One of those things I try to remember if I were in the area earlier in the day I would give a bird a try.