Samana Santa

Rachael

Feb 8, 2002
I have visited the DR several times in the past and am hoping to return again for the 24th-31st of March. I am aware that during Easter week certain activities are suspended. At least this was true several years ago when I was in Puerto Plata during that time. This year I was looking to visit Punta Cana and was wondering if I can expect to experience the same types of activity suspension or if anyone can tell me what I can expect. I really don't want to delay the trip any longer but want to be able to scuba dive etc. Please help.

Marc

Jan 1, 2002
www.haugen.ca
Archives

Ton of info in them on this.

"samana santa"
"holy week"
"easter week"

Yes, most activities are suspended, even horseback riding last year! In Cabarete, many times people were not even allowed to swim in the ocean, nevermind take out watercraft ;)

The only motorsport activity that seems to remain unabaited by the authorities is drunk driving, which is quite popular on the North Coast. Perhaps with the new AMET head, we might see a change this year...?

marc

Rachael

Feb 8, 2002
Thanks, I was pretty much looking to confirm the dates. I was hoping that it may be different in different areas but oh well, looks as though I'll have to postpone until April 21st or so. Is there anything happening at that time that I should be made aware of??