car seats

evenyc

Dec 10, 2008
hi all,
I'll be traveling with my 2 1/2 year old from the states and wondering if car seats or booter seats are required for toddlers in the DR. I know they are in the states and may have to purchase one there in DR.
Thx

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
hi all,
I'll be traveling with my 2 1/2 year old from the states and wondering if car seats or booter seats are required for toddlers in the DR. I know they are in the states and may have to purchase one there in DR.
Thx

@ the risk of being a wisea$$, headlights and rearview mirrors are optional in this country, so a car seat is recommended for a toddler, but not a "requirement".

evenyc

Dec 10, 2008
thanks :) just wondering if you guys had a different requirement between car seat and booters for toddler. Here in the states there is.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
hi all,
Thx

If you are renting a car they should have one for you. ANother law to be aware of is that kids under 8 years old are not allowed to sit in the front seat here.

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016
My thoughts exactly.

Do something crazy like bring a seat with you.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Derfish, that would be the drivers?seat.

I had a Geo tracker and was stopped and ticketed for having a lady with her 4 year old in the front. Amet said that it is illegal for anyone with less than 8 years to be in the front seat. Kid wasn't on my lap!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Most rental companies will rent you a car seat too, if I remember correctly it was an additional $5-10 per day.

Most airlines will let you check a car seat and stroller at no extra charge, check that out! Our daughter did that when she came down with our grandsons.

evenyc

Dec 10, 2008
awesome, thanks!

Most rental companies will rent you a car seat too, if I remember correctly it was an additional $5-10 per day.

Most airlines will let you check a car seat and stroller at no extra charge, check that out! Our daughter did that when she came down with our grandsons.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
If you are renting a car they should have one for you. ANother law to be aware of is that kids under 8 years old are not allowed to sit in the front seat here.

Also pregnant women not allowed in front.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I had a Geo tracker and was stopped and ticketed for having a lady with her 4 year old in the front. Amet said that it is illegal for anyone with less than 8 years to be in the front seat. Kid wasn't on my lap!

Oh the irony. But having 5 people without helmets including babies on a moto-concho is fine.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
I guess there is no traffic law for a mother to ride on the back of a motorcycle while holding her infant

I've even seen a young girl driving a pasola while holding her infant, and a 3 year old hanging on behind her. No helmets, nothing!
Der Fish