Saona Island

NAGUA

Mar 19, 2016
Am interested in taking our family there for a couple hours. I see there are tours but they are 9-10 hours and we will have a 10 month old baby with us. Plus these tours want $100 a person. So, is there anybody here on this forum that knows some boat owners that would be will to take us there? Mother in law is a very worrisome lady. She gets scared when riding in a taxi and speeding. But I love her she is a great mother in law and want her to go.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
Am interested in taking our family there for a couple hours. I see there are tours but they are 9-10 hours and we will have a 10 month old baby with us. Plus these tours want $100 a person.

When they want close to USD 100 they include land transport between the hotel lobby (normally in PC) and the boat (both ways). They also include the land transport in the time estimate. If you provide your own transport to Bayahibe, the cost would be about US$ 65.

However, this tour seems highly ill-advised for someone carrying a 10-month old baby. If nothing else, think of a possible medical situation involving the baby while in the in the island. Also, even adults find boat traveling a bit rough. It would seem sensible to leave the baby with a trustworthy person, if available, or postpone the tour.

NAGUA

Mar 19, 2016
When they want close to USD 100 they include land transport between the hotel lobby (normally in PC) and the boat (both ways). They also include the land transport in the time estimate. If you provide your own transport to Bayahibe, the cost would be about US$ 65.

However, this tour seems highly ill-advised for someone carrying a 10-month old baby. If nothing else, think of a possible medical situation involving the baby while in the in the island. Also, even adults find boat traveling a bit rough. It would seem sensible to leave the baby with a trustworthy person, if available, or postpone the tour.
Ah ok. I did not realize there was that much of a bus ride. Since I posted this family agrees that boat ride would be to much for baby. Thanks for info.