Mangu

lilsam

Santo Domingo Sammy
Jan 2, 2002
Anybody a have a reall garlicly good reciepe for mangu and sanchocho >>>>ummmmmmm
im not to good in the spelling dept sorry

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Mangu is simple. just boil some platanos, mash them up. Add a little olive oil,salt and maybe some Garlic. I personally prefer Fufu. It is the same as above but with a little bit of vinegar and some chunks of pork.
Sancocho is simple. Just get the leftover Chicken and pork. add water and some spices. simmer and voila. If you like snacocho try some Caldo Gallego or Fabada. You'll love it

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Dude, get a Dell, you ain't cooking in my house.

Sancocho: the right way, sort of.

Best get an old hen, but you can use a broiler.
Some inexpensive beef
Some pork chops-cured and normal.

Platanos, yuca, ?ame, yaut?a, potatoes, auyama.

Cilantro, Chicken boullion, salt, Sazon Ranchero.

The chicken is sauteed, as is all the other meat.

If a young broiler, it goes in last.

Bring a bunch of water to boil and throw all the veggies and the meat in, add chicken cubes, and seasonings.

Add cilantro after an hour or so. Take some of the boiled auyama and some of the water and blend in blender to thicken the sancocho.

Add chicken, if using a broiler. Other wise it will fall apart. That is why they use old birds....

Get and toast casabe bread with garlic butter, some avocados, some bitter orange juice with onions and some really hot, hot sauce, some cold beer, some white rice and of course some "con-con" and NOW you are talking about sancocho.

Humph!

HB

Tom F.

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Hillbilly

Cuantos carnes? I remember reading in the DR1 news summary a while back about a sancocho (salcocoho) competition in Las Terrenes. Seems like there are four or five more that I haven't tasted yet.