Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new dominican passports to be valid for 10 years

Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default new dominican passports to be valid for 10 years

DR will now offer an option of obtaining a passport valid for 10 years, at a cost of 5,500 pesos:
    http://www.diariolibre.com/noticias/...anos-BK3628047
    el caribe quotes the price as 5,300:
    http://www.elcaribe.com.do/2016/05/1...os-desde-lunes

North Coast Moderator

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    DR will now offer an option of obtaining a passport valid for 10 years, at a cost of 5,500 pesos:
    http://www.diariolibre.com/noticias/...anos-BK3628047
    el caribe quotes the price as 5,300:
    http://www.elcaribe.com.do/2016/05/1...os-desde-lunes
    How many years are they good for right now?

It's been 38 years since i had a Dominican passport! Is it no longer valid?

Frank

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Now they change it. After thousands have been getting the 6 year ones for no good reason (other than rumors on Facebook).

Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

right now it's valid for 6 years (at 1,850 pesos) and this option will still be available. not sure why they decided to offer the extension for 10 years. the article says it's because american visa is valid for 10 years but it makes no difference whatsoever. all dominicans i know with long terms visa simply travel with 2 passports (old with visa, new without visa), it's never been an issue.

North Coast Moderator

5. Likes frank12, KateP liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    right now it's valid for 6 years (at 1,850 pesos) and this option will still be available. not sure why they decided to offer the extension for 10 years. the article says it's because american visa is valid for 10 years but it makes no difference whatsoever. all dominicans i know with long terms visa simply travel with 2 passports (old with visa, new without visa), it's never been an issue.
    My wife now has to travel with 3 passports. Other than that, not an issue, other than the ridiculous wait in renewing a passport caused by the vast majority of people getting passports who will never leave the island.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    My wife now has to travel with 3 passports. Other than that, not an issue, other than the ridiculous wait in renewing a passport caused by the vast majority of people getting passports who will never leave the island.
    But they have the hope and the rights to get a Dominican Passport if they want to travel, still there are some countries where we can visit without visas. USA is not the only country in the world.

8. Dislikes rfp disliked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah you see some of these folks in SDQ airport flying to Quito or Lima. I wonder what they are doing down there...

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rfp View Post
    Yeah you see some of these folks in SDQ airport flying to Quito or Lima. I wonder what they are doing down there...
    Hahahaha, sorry for you but I can not make you happy with that, so far I have traveled 5 diferents countries, and in 1 month will be the number six, and its not your busness if Im one of those. As Dominican If I want to have a passport to have it in a frame in my house who's care, I can have it. One thing I can tell you, Im not the kind of Dominican that only visit their cousin in USA, never been there and for now Im not really instrested in going there. Have a nice day and remember this, every single person in this world is the same, just because you are not Dominican and you are coming from a country with better economy and living standards you are not better than anybody else.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

the problem is that...He is actually Dominican or of Dominican origin....just ask him ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riva_31 View Post
    Have a nice day and remember this, every single person in this world is the same, just because you are not Dominican and you are coming from a country with better economy and living standards you are not better than anybody else.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rfp View Post
    And you see people in London travelling to Berlin or Moscow. I wonder what they do there, but I don't care.

13. Likes Riva_31 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast