CNN Announces 7 Best

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
CNN just published this article and I was surprised and shocked, NOTHING about Dominican Republic since it's the best and popular tourist attraction, I don't get it.

Link: http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/10/travel/caribbean-islands-fastest-growing-tourism/index.html

Can anyone tell me why DR is is not in the list??

i have no idea what makes you think that the DR is the best tourist attraction in the region, but i am willing to listen to what makes you think so.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
CNN just published this article and I was surprised and shocked, NOTHING about Dominican Republic since it's the best and popular tourist attraction, I don't get it.

Link: http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/10/travel/caribbean-islands-fastest-growing-tourism/index.html

That is easy. Could anyone find a clean litter free beach in the DR to photograph for an article such as this one? If so tell us all where it is so we can visit it. I promise I will not litter it.
Der Fish

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010

I wouldn't get to rapped up in this. For every beach and reason they mentioned the DR has all of it one country. Who knows how the come up with these lists. Additionally getting to most of these places is not as easy as getting to the DR and the climate is more moderate.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
those lists are always kinda subjective. authors describe their own picks.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
and,,,y do you think it is one of the best???? this i wanna pay close attention to... because all tho im in all the way....i have no hero worship for d.r. like it yup...de best???ha ha ha

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Lots of list with DR on them. Lots with Dr not on them. That simple really.

exactly.

i have been in high end stereo all my adult life. the magazines give all the rave reviews to pieces of equipment made by manufacturers that advertise in the magazine. take out a full page ad to show off your latest cd player, and you will get a great review for it, especially if you give the editor a free copy of the device. a small time guy can build the best device, ever, but nobody will know because the mags will not review it.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015

Seems like that article is about growth and not gross tourist dollars spent, # of travelers to this country
or location. Maybe one of those place saw an increase of 200%, and DR increase or growth was 12%.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
The first photo (Tobago) pictured in this link is beautiful.
Can you imagine an ariel view of Playa Sosua from a hundred years ago?

CNSIERRA

Apr 11, 2016
Bayahibe is clean and organize beach town with almost zero moto concho and vender trying to sale stuffs and it is also very very clean all around it. Go there for a weekend and then tell us what you think of it. To me it is a lot cleaner and organized than South Beach Miami

CNSIERRA

Apr 11, 2016
CNN was one those media outlets that started a campaign to boycott tourism to the Dominican Republic because according to them and many other liberal folks we are a racist country and that we do not provide services to black people which cannot open bank accounts according to them. This is one of the reasons you would not find anything good coming from them about this country.

Last edited by a moderator:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
CNN was one those media outlets that started a campaign to boycott tourism to the Dominican Republic because according to them and many other liberal folks we are a racist country and that we do not provide services to black people which cannot open bank accounts according to them. This is one of the reasons you would not find anything good coming from them about this country.

please post some links to these reports...sounds interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
if you google "cnn boycott dominican republic" you see the results are about DR-haiti relations, nothing more.