Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I am considering buying a used Hummer. Any advise out there ?

I was wondering if parts and repair ar difficult in the Puerto Plata Santiago area.
    Does anyone have any opinions or experience? tks

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drperson View Post
    I was wondering if parts and repair ar difficult in the Puerto Plata Santiago area.
    i have assisted many DR1 people in buying cars. the experiences have all been positive so far.

i have reservations about this idea..

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Using a top down approach, provide a year and model#, and I can give you generic thumbs up or down based on a client database to which I have access.

However, if its a 2006 H3.....find another vehicle.

Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

There are plenty of those hummers around in the country, with parts being somewhat available if we are talking about the regular stuff.

Body parts are not common and most likely will be special order for your model in most cases.

Repairs are not a problem in the DR for the vehicle, unless again we are talking some major issue that requires fabrication.

The biggest issue with these models are related to theft. Removable parts are often targeted and it's a pain in the neck to keep up the evil hands away all times.
    One Dominican at a time please!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PICHARDO View Post
    There are plenty of those hummers around in the country, with parts being somewhat available if we are talking about the regular stuff.

Body parts are not common and most likely will be special order for your model in most cases.

Repairs are not a problem in the DR for the vehicle, unless again we are talking some major issue that requires fabrication.

The biggest issue with these models are related to theft. Removable parts are often targeted and it's a pain in the neck to keep up the evil hands away all times.
    i live in POP, and i donīt believe there are more than a dozen of them here. i do not know what you mean by plenty of them around in the country.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    i live in POP, and i donīt believe there are more than a dozen of them here. i do not know what you mean by plenty of them around in the country.
    Hummers in the DR are plentiful. There are more common than Land Rovers and those we have plenty here...
    One Dominican at a time please!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

The old style Hummers were gas guzzlers to say the least. Given the high price of gas in the DR, try to find one with a diesel engine. The new style Hummers are basically a reduced Hummer body on a GM heavy duty pickup truck chassis. Better gas mileage but still not great. New and used parts should be available for the newer models. Older model parts I expect are harder to get.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Instead of giving you advice, I'm going to ask you a question: Why? What do you expect to be the gain in this endeavor? With the price of gasoline and diesel here, it's a risky venture at least.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tashi Siu's Dad View Post
    Instead of giving you advice, I'm going to ask you a question: Why? What do you expect to be the gain in this endeavor? With the price of gasoline and diesel here, it's a risky venture at least.
    On top of the fact you are telling all the Dominicans, "look at me, I've got $$$"... (Target)

10. Likes Chirimoya, KateP, retiree, PJT, Garyexpat liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to add. Even though old Hummer parts may be hard to find, one alternative is to check the roadside ditches during long trips. You should be able to find a few parts here and there. They were designed for military purposes because only the military can afford to keep fuel in them and maintain them.

12. Likes zoomzx11 liked this post
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast