Some more bad publicity for the North Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Five star ??? Maybe 3 1/2 maybe, wonder if large amounts of alcohol were involved.

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
Sex assault ?? Twice ?? Where ?? How ?? That's not what I can a sex assault... not in my book anyway...

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
She didn't accuse them of rape. A female visitor to a hotel shouldn't have to fight off the locals or help.

I m sorry she had to go through an unpleasant experience. She however seems like an extremely bigoted person who turned a problem caused by a total of THREE men (possibly drunken at least in the first case) into an indictment of all locals.

Yet by her own account there were plenty of locals and only two plus an employee acted improperly. If it was a "local" problems, many more such incidents would have happened to her and many others.

Apparently she expected that local people willing and able to pay for a stay in their own country be banned from doing so, for no other reason than, gasp, being in their own country. What kind of idiot can believe such a thing is reasonable or even possible. Are there hotels in Britain where British people aren't allowed in precisely because they are British? I reckon not one.

I am also not sure what she expected. She said she was asked to file a form. Were they supposed to immediately kick out the offending guests (of which she probably didn't even know their names or rooms) and immediately fire the employee without doing any investigation whatsoever, just because of her verbal accusation? I doubt she would want HER EMPLOYER to fire her the minute someone complained about her without investigating.

Perhaps the hotel already fired the employee (if they were able to know who he was and corroborated her complaint somehow) and put the offending guests in a black list. The hotel didn't necessarily have to tell her. Perhaps she expected a full refund, or a free vacation next year. In fact, if the hotel did so, they would just be encouraging others to make up accusations to get benefits (even if she didn't make anything up). It's common sense.

She may have been improperly treated, and that is wrong. Nevertheless, she portraits herself as a bigoted ignorant unfair and unreasonable woman (even if everything she said happened the way she described). No one should miss her in the DR.

Last edited:

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Very good points Virgo, with all the camera's at an AI they would be on top of this. Sounds like she was pressing for a free vacation........ 5 star... Lmao

Mack

Jan 10, 2009
Sex assault ?? Twice ?? Where ?? How ?? That's not what I can a sex assault... not in my book anyway...
What is it in your book then?
Foreplay?
Mack.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
It is well known that the North Coast attracts cretin Dominicans to all inclusive resorts. The tour companies love the money spent by locals at the resorts unfortunatley their inability to adjust to higher class environments causes regrettable incidents like this. I wish her well and would not blame her for going somewhere better for her next holidays such as Mexico or Florida

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
It is well known that the North Coast attracts cretin Dominicans to all inclusive resorts. The tour companies love the money spent by locals at the resorts unfortunatley their inability to adjust to higher class environments causes regrettable incidents like this. I wish her well and would not blame her for going somewhere better for her next holidays such as Mexico or Florida

I am still hoping the moderators will notice that you have been quite frankly trolling and flame-baiting me (provoking me) for weeks now.

I can only feel sorry for you. You obviously are begging for attention. And considering that you allegedly have already permanently left the DR, the fact that you find it necessary to pollute a DR-related board with your fetidness instead of focusing on wherever you now live seems symptomatic of a severe unhealthy obsession. Seeking professional help may do you good.

Anyway, good riddance to her AND YOU.

If you ever learned the fine points of common-sense reasoning you would notice that her story contradict your and her contention that this is a "locals" problem. Had you at least been able to read my reply you would have noticed that I pointed out already that ONLY 2 guests (out of probably hundreds of locals) plus an employee behaved improperly (per her account). If it was a generalized locals problem many more cases like the one she alleges would have happened to her and others.

850Norton

May 15, 2016
How does she read as an 'extremely bigoted' person to you? I read nothing of the sort in her account. I am an able bodied man. I fear little. Most women do not enjoy the temporal perspective that I do. For that matter many men live in fear of physical violence as well. Frankly I feel pretty 'creeped out' about your whole perspective on the matter. Your predilection to write off a sexual assault as a cheap bid to return to the same resort for a discount strikes me as callous, insensitive and flat-out stupid. What slimy rock did you crawl out from? Do you have a mother? Sisters? a daughter? All I can say is that were I present at the time of these assaults, (and I must say her account seems cogent and credible) heaven help the offenders, in whatever language, in whatever culture, in whatever country.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Assault here in the DR seems to be defined in a similar manner to where I am from. Unwanted or aggressive physical contact with another individual. Even aggressive or threatening yelling at another person may in some circumstances rise to the level of an assault here.

I hope that women the world over have enough common sense to expect that sometimes, men with or without the aid of all-inclusive amounts of alcohol may make unwanted overtures to scantily clad members of the fairer sex. When those overtures progress to attempting to untie a bikini top, that's an assault if the bikini wearer deems it to be one.

The expectation of a tourist to come to the DR and not encounter Dominicans is unrealistic but not a tacit invitation to unwanted touching or sexual advances. The desire to procure an immigration visa or carve a gringo notch on their scepter of manhood is strong in some locals.

Clearly errors were made by all involved in this instance. Locals need to better understand their prey. Members from a touchy/feely culture encountering someone from a standoffish and sexually repressed culture have their work cut out for them in some cases. Now a days, it's not good form to hold a door open for some of these fembots.

Nonetheless, an unsolicited peck on the cheek or the playful attempt at the removal of a breast covering garment does meet the standard of an assault to some. This traveler might be better off going to Bournemouth next time and the locals involved should learn that not every XX chromosome package wants or needs a Sanky. No should mean no, not ask me again in 2 minutes...

850Norton

May 15, 2016
The hinge-point of your comment seems to be 'dont write off the whole culture based on the actions of a few individuals', and of itself I have no problem with that. But if the same woman had the same experience at a Canadian resort I would not jump to the conclusion that she was bigoted against Canadians, but rather that she had suffered running into some bad Canadians. I'm proud of my country, Canada. For the most part we are honest and friendly people. But we have our share of idiots like you who are mostly benign dinosaurs. And we have our share of mass murderers and serial killers too. There is good in this world, but there is evil too. Good people need to stick together, regardless of their race, creed or nationality or tribe. To that end, we must individually feel prepared and ready to give voice in denouncing injustice wherever it is encountered. Blaming the victim seldom serves anyone other than the despot. x

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
I am still hoping the moderators will notice that you have been quite frankly trolling and flame-baiting me (provoking me) for weeks now.

I can only feel sorry for you. You obviously are begging for attention. And considering that you allegedly have already permanently left the DR, the fact that you find it necessary to pollute a DR-related board with your fetidness instead of focusing on wherever you now live seems symptomatic of a severe unhealthy obsession. Seeking professional help may do you good.

Anyway, good riddance to her AND YOU.

If you ever learned the fine points of common-sense reasoning you would notice that her story contradict your and her contention that this is a "locals" problem. Had you at least been able to read my reply you would have noticed that I pointed out already that ONLY 2 guests (out of probably hundreds of locals) plus an employee behaved improperly (per her account). If it was a generalized locals problem many more cases like the one she alleges would have happened to her and others.

A victim of sexual assault is a bigot because she informed the news or was unhappy and complained? Sorry I don't see it! It was expected you would response like this. The blank stare from the manager when she complained was 'priceless" I had such a de je vous moment when hearing this. It reminded me of the old Barcel? Capella that after years of similar local visitors disrespecting the hotel (I will spare you some of the first hand disgusting examples)and the other visitors that it was forced to shut down. Have you noticed that there are countless hotels in Punta Cana that somehow seem to have no local visitors. How and why does this happen? Again Virgo these things do happen and if they seem to generalized or painted with a stereotypical brush. Im sorry Amigo but with all the craziness that occurs here, that can easily happen. You must learn to deal with some of these comments and stories and understand that much of it is the truth. You have heard from many posters and moderators who are decent people that do not exaggerate or hate the DR, they just know whats up and tell it like it is. If its too much for you to handle you should consider NOT reading it!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
A victim of sexual assault is a bigot because she informed the news or was unhappy and complained? Sorry I don't see it! It was expected you would response like this. The blank stare from the manager when she complained was 'priceless" I had such a de je vous moment when hearing this. It reminded me of the old Barcel? Capella that after years of similar local visitors disrespecting the hotel (I will spare you some of the first hand disgusting examples)and the other visitors that it was forced to shut down. Have you noticed that there are countless hotels in Punta Cana that somehow seem to have no local visitors. How and why does this happen? Again Virgo these things do happen and if they seem to generalized or painted with a stereotypical brush. Im sorry Amigo but with all the craziness that occurs here, that can easily happen. You must learn to deal with some of these comments and stories and understand that much of it is the truth. You have heard from many posters and moderators who are decent people that do not exaggerate or hate the DR, they just know whats up and tell it like it is. If its too much for you to handle you should consider NOT reading it!

poor Virgo believes that if he gets into arguments with posters, and issues vigorous and robust counter arguments, all these maladies will be revealed to be fiction...

ltsnyder

Bronze
Jun 4, 2003
www.x3ci.com
Let's all chant now, "Victims fault, Victims falut"

IF, I were a woman, I would be seriously concerned about what happened. I would count my self very lucky to have gotten away, and I would not come back.

If I were another woman reading the account, I would be very concerned, but if my friends were going and giving me an invite to come along, well, maybe it was an isolated incident or maybe it was a problem solely with that resort, and a little care can be taken to be safe.

BUT!

If I were another woman reading the account, and I followed up by reading the posts in DR1 on this thread about the incident.

"Five star ??? Maybe 3 1/2 maybe, wonder if large amounts of alcohol were involved."

" Sex assault ?? Twice ??....That's not what I call sex assault in my book " ... I guess she should wait till they go all the way to report it .....

"She may have been improperly treated, and that is wrong. Nevertheless, she portraits herself as a bigoted ignorant unfair and unreasonable woman (even if everything she said happened the way she described). No one should miss her in the DR. " .......effectively saying..... good riddance to her.....

"Clearly errors were made by all involved in this instance. Locals need to better understand their prey. Members from a touchy/feely culture encountering someone from a standoffish and sexually repressed culture have their work cut out for them in some cases. Now a days, it's not good form to hold a door open for some of these fembots. "

...and then the real important discussion point, well you really didn't go to a five star hotel.

This is a vacation! She get's blank stares when she reports it. The argument seems to go in two contradictory directions AT THE SAME TIME!

1) It was only two or three people....
2) She does not understand the culture....

And nobody on the side of "Blame the victim with argument 1 or 2 will bother to correct argument 2 or 1 respectively while they blame the victim....

ANYWAY..... getting back to the original point....

If I were another woman reading the account, and I followed up by reading the posts in DR1 on this thread about the incident.

I would say, hell no! There is no way I am going back there.

Status
Not open for further replies.