Looking for Jeepeta 7 seater

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Hi Guys looking for a good used Jeepeta. 7 seater needed either Ford Explorer or Mitsubishi montero seems to fit
Requirements for 7 seater ... I have been looking at supercarras.com any advice or help would be appreciated

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Hi Guys looking for a good used Jeepeta. 7 seater needed either Ford Explorer or Mitsubishi montero seems to fit
Requirements for 7 seater ... I have been looking at supercarras.com any advice or help would be appreciated

send me a pm...i am the guy who seeks out cars for DR1 members..

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
7 seater as in a third row of seats? we had 2 of those: highlander and santa fe. both were decent rides.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Yes the third row for when Inlaws come out with us ...need to fit 6 people...

I rented a Honda CRV and I remembered it having three seats like an old Station Wagon from the 60's. But when I went looking for one for a friend all I see are the two seaters. Were there some with three rows of seating or just a bad memory on my part?
Der Fish

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I know in reality third row is a waste no leg room ..but I can still have smaller teenager sit single .. Safer then bungee cording
Her on roof ;) joking!!!

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I rented a Honda CRV and I remembered it having three seats like an old Station Wagon from the 60's. But when I went looking for one for a friend all I see are the two seaters. Were there some with three rows of seating or just a bad memory on my part?
Der Fish
I really don't think a CRV would have third row seating?unless for midget wrestling team ..but I could be wrong wife says so often...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
some new CRV have third row of seats.

there are lots of vehicles that have this option (not in all models): landcruiser prado, chevy tahoe, honda pilot, nissan pathfinder, mazda cx9, kia sorento, ford expedition, toyota 4runner.
plenty to chose from. as i mentioned we had santa fe and highlander, both good cars but third row sucked donkey's balls. my FIL has a new tahoe and it is was more comfy and spacious with seating arrangement.

alternatively, if you have given up on live completely you could get an odyssey or some other van :)

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Suzuki XL-7 has it.... very affordable car...

no longer in production

I have one..... third row seats
I also ahve the first 2 rows ... in case anybody wondered...hehehe

markryan

Jul 16, 2014
Der Fish

CRV has never had a 7 passenger. Must have been a Honda Pilot they come 7 or eight passenger. CRV way to small to accommodate 7 passenger seating.

Jan 9, 2004
I really don't think a CRV would have third row seating?unless for midget wrestling team ..but I could be wrong wife says so often...

Honda has not yet offered a US 3 seat option in the CRV.

The Toyota RAV 4 offers it....but they are rare.....because as you suggest....it is for a midget wrestling team.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I stand corrected. Been buying and selling cars for 15 years have never seen one for north american market. Article mentions Philippines. I would not want to be sitting in that third row.

neither would i. i don't think i could flip my knees behind my ears which is what it would take to sit in that third row :)

kapitan75

Jun 3, 2005
A newer astrovan awd would work good in the DR. Just upgrade to all terrain tires
And you good to go.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010

Be careful when looking at cars. Many dealers try to sell vehicles that have not been fixed or there are hidden problems. Buyer beware. Take it to an independent mechanic and have the car checked out. If you can buy from a single individual even better, however than you and he/she will have to get the paperwork together to register the vehicle. A dealer will take care of this. As far as insurance make sure you have any agent explain the coverage options.