Bartolo Colon's Double Life

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
This all sounds very typical to me. With the only difference being he
happens to be a high profile professional athlete.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
having the missus on the side is one thing.

refusing to support the kids to the degree of getting hauled before a judge is another...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I'm sure his wife is REALLY PI$$ED OFF, and ready to kill,....wait for it,.............................. The Other Woman!!!!!!

Not going to give up her meal ticked over "Nada Importa"!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
Well, I guess you can take some Dominicans out of DR, but you can't take the tiguere out of them. Another one with a "second base".

http://nypost.com/2016/05/18/bartolo-colons-double-life-with-secret-family/

Well, if "having a double life" now means having an extra-marital affair, I suppose the number of human beings with a "double life" is huge.

Your text seems to imply that adultery is a 'Dominican thing'. That is simply not the case, and can be easily verified.

And being a tiguere and having a second family are quite different. Tigueres normally get involved in serious crimes, such as theft, drug-dealing, and possibly murder. Having a second-family (if that's what it is) may well be immoral (it obviously depends on culture and religion) but to my knowledge is not a crime either in the DR or the US.

I don't even know if the children are his. The articles says nothing about paternity testing. It is obviously to a mother's advantage to claim her children were fathered by a famous and rich man. We need to know if it is true or not.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
It's a Child Support hearing. DNA testing is standard procedure. There have been many...MANY professional athletes who are not of Dominican origin going through the same routine. There are just as many Women who thrive as professional "Mistresses" and impregnating one of them ensures another 20 years of funding obligation. I'm throwing this Guy off my fantasy league baseball team.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I like Bartolo. He's done a lot for his community, but he deserves this for being so stupid as to not support his kids and on top of that represent himself at court. What a Maroon...:confused:

I can't reconcile the man who gives away money to his community, but refuses to pay child support. Maybe he thinks the kids are not his or maybe the mistress was asking for too much money, who knows...

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Well, if "having a double life" now means having an extra-marital affair, I suppose the number of human beings with a "double life" is huge.

Your text seems to imply that adultery is a 'Dominican thing'. That is simply not the case, and can be easily verified.

And being a tiguere and having a second family are quite different. Tigueres normally get involved in serious crimes, such as theft, drug-dealing, and possibly murder. Having a second-family (if that's what it is) may well be immoral (it obviously depends on culture and religion) but to my knowledge is not a crime either in the DR or the US.

I don't even know if the children are his. The articles says nothing about paternity testing. It is obviously to a mother's advantage to claim her children were fathered by a famous and rich man. We need to know if it is true or not.

I'm with ya Virgo. I'm tired of my Dominican brethren being labeled as lazy rum and Presidente drinking hooligans, that only chase putas at the carwash. We all know they are a cerebral lot that are often seen reading a kindle tablet. When they are at the corner of my street at 1:00 oclock in the afternoon sitting on plastic chairs and plastic crates, they are actually discussing complex business concepts and don't want others to hear and steal there proprietary business ideas.

notreallyconfused

Feb 18, 2013
I'm with ya Virgo. I'm tired of my Dominican brethren being labeled as lazy rum and Presidente drinking hooligans, that only chase putas at the carwash. We all know they are a cerebral lot that are often seen reading a kindle tablet. When they are at the corner of my street at 1:00 oclock in the afternoon sitting on plastic chairs and plastic crates, they are actually discussing complex business concepts and don't want others to hear and steal there proprietary business ideas.

More than just complex business concepts, but also ways to improve community values, education, and solutions to overcoming unemployment and teenage pregnancies!

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
Maybe he thinks the kids are not his or maybe the mistress was asking for too much money, who knows...

Or he thinks he is NOT the father. Do you know the results of any paternity test relevant to this case?

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
cant fix some things if you know what i mean......im going to startto read a book about the hunts double life double family etc

Mm530

Dec 28, 2014
well, if "having a double life" now means having an extra-marital affair, i suppose the number of human beings with a "double life" is huge.

Your text seems to imply that adultery is a 'dominican thing'. That is simply not the case, and can be easily verified.

And being a tiguere and having a second family are quite different. Tigueres normally get involved in serious crimes, such as theft, drug-dealing, and possibly murder. Having a second-family (if that's what it is) may well be immoral (it obviously depends on culture and religion) but to my knowledge is not a crime either in the dr or the us.

very well said !!!

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
Dude can hit a home run every game for the rest of his career. He didn't take care of his Kids means he's less than a Man.

and talk about cheap and mean tachano????or techano....should have a new word for cheap/mean/and stup....thats my opinion if you know what i mean

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Sad but not surprising. I think many would be surprised just how many athletes are in the same situation. There are somethings in life that do not stay quiet forever.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
Let's see if they are his kids... he did a lot in his community so if he doesn't help his own kids he is exposed as an image obsessed self absorbed cretin with defined sociopathic tendencies. I hope that is not the case and that he different from the rest of 'them'