The corruption continues

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
My sources tell me the huelgas in Bonao are warranted. This has been one of the most corrupt elections ever. Guaguas burned in the streets and shootings. The Senador there said the only way he will leave after being in office for 13 years is if he dies. I said, " I am surprised nobody tried to kill him". Well, apparently they did try to shoot him but they missed. ( a few weeks ago) They want to send UN observers to Haiti to observe elections, maybe they should send some here (competent ones) The local observers quit here after being harassed and exhausted at 3:00 a.m.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I've always said that a big downfall of the country is that the politicians don't care what the rest of the world thinks of them, they are openly corrupt and don't care, but JCE deducting votes and producing it on public records? Another level of Fk you corruption.

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
I've always said that a big downfall of the country is that the politicians don't care what the rest of the world thinks of them, they are openly corrupt and don't care, but JCE deducting votes and producing it on public records? Another level of Fk you corruption.

A great part of the rest of the world has same problems and the others have their own problem. So nobody really cares what happens here as long as not their own interest are violated. The " politicians" know that and therefor they do what ever they like.

Feb 7, 2007
We have the very exact same problems in Higuey. The Dynasty does not want to let go of the power, so they make up their own results. Macuteo at its best.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Careful, you'll have Virgo after you!

2ecmbmg.gif

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Education and taking people out of poverty are perhaps the ways forward to a better 'democracy'.........but the political ruling class know that too and are dragging their feet on both fronts.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
What a nice, democratic and civilized election period this is again... eh, Mr. Virgo? :bunny:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Education and taking people out of poverty are perhaps the ways forward to a better 'democracy'.........but the political ruling class know that too and are dragging their feet on both fronts.

we talked about this in other threads, many times. i believe that DR can change and progress in terms of improving educations and reducing poverty but this is work set for generations to come. it will take decades. no point in expecting things to suddenly improve over a period of one presidency.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Why comment so negatively on an unsubstantiated report here on DR1 ...the liklihood is it is just another bown up story . I think that this time I will be on the side of Virgo.. there are only isolated cases of problems and these were mainly caused by the slowness in the hand counting of the senators and the local officials ..because thse counting start the last and take time.. Nothing like the central american countries,venezuela or Argentina or Brazil where there is much violence and looting....it is only the latin way ...nothing much more.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Counts can not go backwards, you can not have a count of over 2000 in wave 4 and then less than 2000 in wave 5, this is not unsubstanciated the evidence is there on the JCE documents.

Feb 7, 2007
but disputing results is not going to work.

Of course it's not going to work, because those who decide those disputes are either on the side of the winning party already, or will be bought by the winning party pretty soon.

Feb 7, 2007
Just came across some interesting articles ... on acento.com.do

Google up "Joao Santana" "Odebrecht" "Dominicana" ...
Main adviser to the presidential campaign of DM 2012 & 2016

talk about corruption , now !

Feb 7, 2007
And you Kipling333, have you ever heard this saying:

By my image, I judge you ...

It pretty fits you ...

Looks like this Kipling character is part of the Brazilian money laundering scheme, when he/she/it got so touched by my mentioning this Joao Silva character.

In my country we have a saying:
A shot goose, gaggles.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2007
So now this sore loser Kipling333 started to browse the threads and give me dislikes wherever she can find me name... niceeee! wheeepa
Shows more about you than anything else.

Can he/she/it be blocked from this thread, maybe even sent on vacation? I am willing to fork over some nice all-inclusive resort for her/him/it.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited: