Garbage collection in the night

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Collado says garbage will be collected from 2am to 6am to help battle traffic jams. If he really goes through with that, e'll start with a good action. Unbelievable how sometimes the garbage trucks are collecting on the most congested streets of the city at 8 am in the morning.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Collado says garbage will be collected from 2am to 6am to help battle traffic jams. If he really goes through with that, e'll start with a good action. Unbelievable how sometimes the garbage trucks are collecting on the most congested streets of the city at 8 am in the morning.

Yesterday I passed 4 on a trip of less than a mile to the bank on Independencia, and along with the taxis they were backing up traffic.

Good move.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Yesterday I passed 4 on a trip of less than a mile to the bank on Independencia, and along with the taxis they were backing up traffic.

Good move.

Independencia is horrible. Worst are the publicos, do I hate them. The garbage trucks are the icing on the cake :D

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
the garbage truck drivers won't be happy though...nobody awake to ask a propina.

I used to drive a similar route truck, but not garbage as such. We preferred to be up and about the route while there was little if any traffic. Work from 2 am and finish an 8 hour route in 6 hours and be done by 8:00 AM.
Der Fish

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Either way people won't be happy because they'll make noise and wake them up in the middle of the night.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004

Good move.

Say it's not true just the other day, the transport unions denied that they were part of the cause of the traffic problems

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Say it's not true just the other day, the transport unions denied that they were part of the cause of the traffic problems

The good thing with Independencia between Luperon and Nunez is that there are no traffic lights and frankly traffic is quite light most times. So you get less of the other scourge of Dominican driving.......the Dominican who ignores the road rules jumping lights and so on.........and the taxis stopping mid road become more evident in slowing your transit.

When you add taxis to guaguas and heavy goods vehicles and inconsiderate Dominican drivers to the mix as is the case on 27th, Nunez, JFK, Lincoln and Churchill you have the perfect mess.