Alcoholics Anonymous on North Coast

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
A Canadian who speaks both English and French asked me about AA meetings here in the Puerto Plata area. I took a woman to a meetig at her request in Sosua 3 or 4 years ago, but I do not remember where it was, except it was on the other side of the main road from the beach. Anyone have info they wish to share? If you want to remain anonymous you can PM me with it.
Der Fish

Reuhaa

Jan 15, 2008
It's moved to cabarete.theres aa signs on the highway.
Meetings every day
mon,, wed, fri. 5 oclock meetings
tues, thur, sat meetings at noon
sun 8am

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I am not sure but I heard they have some about DR William Wilson...

Count to Ten before...
2.gif

JJ

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I knew this my self from long long long time ago, I attended my AA meeting at age of 27.

Ever since changed my life.

I drove drunk tourist all around the island for years, some of them would try to pay me for me to drink
a first shot..... I never did lucky of them!

JJ

Last edited:
There are daily AA meetings in Cabarete at Johns Recovery House. There are sings on the highway pointing down the dirt road you turn right at which is just past Mariposa Girls school if coming from Sosua. 8 am on Sunday's and I think Monday 5pm, Tue Noon, Wed 5pm, Thur noon, Fri 5pm, Sat noon.

Hope that helps. Sosua really needs them that is for sure!!

rick3993

Sep 5, 2006
Ok Thank you...i hope i find it at Johns Recovery Hose...i tried the Tropix Hotel number and the number for John..but they told me the meetings havent been there for years.