Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beautiful dog to rescue

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Beautiful dog to rescue

While I was away in Canada my husband rescued a beautiful dog in Puerto Plata. The previous owners were keeping her in a very small enclosure in a barrio. They were going to kick her out on the street to fend for herself. So he brought her home with the idea of finding her a good home.

She is about 1 year old and healthy. She looks like a cane corso to me but I am told she is a mix of Rottweiler and pit bull. She is very friendly, affectionate and very intelligent. She gets along well with my other dogs. She is not agressive which may be why they were going to throw her out. She has a sweet disposition and is eager to please. She is quite large and needs training. I have been back less than 1 week and she is starting to obey on command. She scares people away just by her looks and demeanour. No barking, no growling, just big and mean-looking. She needs to be re-homed before August. Located in Costambar but we can deliver.

We would love to keep her for ourselves but it is just not feasible.
    Lets find her a good home

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh I wish we were there, we'd take her in a heartbeat. We have a caretaker on our property taking care of our dogs too, but it's not the same as if we were there.

Best of luck with her, she's a beauty.

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

3. Likes Neargale liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    Oh I wish we were there, we'd take her in a heartbeat. We have a caretaker on our property taking care of our dogs too, but it's not the same as if we were there.

Best of luck with her, she's a beauty.
    When are you coming back?

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Neargale View Post
    When are you coming back?
    Not for awhile, we just bought a new house in NJ, going to settlement in June, then have to pack up this one [we've been here 34 years] and move, then try to sell this one. Long story short, we probably won't be back in DR until early January.

No one lives in our DR home when we're not there, just a cousin who comes on weekends. I'd never take a dog under those circumstances, we'd have to be there to ease the transition with our other two dogs. We tried to introduce another male in March and it was a disaster, but our female rottie gets along with other females [she's an old girl].

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Moderator - Clown Central
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it's my computer, but I cropped & re-orientated the pics for easier viewing.

Clown Central

Be Serious

7. Likes AlterEgo, Neargale, Conchman liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

She looks like a Cane corso/rottie to me. And she is beautiful! I would love to have her.
    I live in Puerto Plata and am very used to dogs, have had dogs all my life. My lovely dalmatian, 13 years old, passed away six weeks ago
    and I have been looking around for a dog, but don't want a puppy. I have lived in Puerto Plata for 13 years, I live in a big
    apartment downtown, and she would enjoy good walks every day as well as never being left alone, as I work from home.
    I can't send pm's as I just registered to reply to you (you need at least 10 posts to use the pm/feature). Can I call you?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SantiagoDR View Post
    Maybe it's my computer, but I cropped & re-orientated the pics for easier viewing.

Thank you! This is my first time using tiny pic. The photos were right side up on my computer. No idea why they went sideways in tiny pic. Thanks for the correction.

10. Likes SantiagoDR liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by POP_DR View Post
    She looks like a Cane corso/rottie to me. And she is beautiful! I would love to have her.
    I live in Puerto Plata and am very used to dogs, have had dogs all my life. My lovely dalmatian, 13 years old, passed away six weeks ago
    and I have been looking around for a dog, but don't want a puppy. I have lived in Puerto Plata for 13 years, I live in a big
    apartment downtown, and she would enjoy good walks every day as well as never being left alone, as I work from home.
    I can't send pm's as I just registered to reply to you (you need at least 10 posts to use the pm/feature). Can I call you?
    Oh my. She definitely is not an apartment dog although she thinks she is a lap dog.
    She was kept in a spot about 3'X5' all her life. Not fair to the dog. Since she is with us she gets to run and she loves it. I would definitely prefer if someone with a large property or finca would take her.
    But you are welcome to see her and come chat with us.
    You can post your phone # or hurry up and post 10 posts!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by POP_DR View Post
    Oh my. She definitely is not an apartment dog although she thinks she is a lap dog.
    She was kept in a spot about 3'X5' all her life. Not fair to the dog. Since she is with us she gets to run and she loves it. I would definitely prefer if someone with a large property or finca would take her.
    But you are welcome to see her and come chat with us. And I would want to see your apartment before I let you have her ;-)
    You can post your phone # or hurry up and post 10 posts!
    Last edited by Neargale; 05-29-2016 at 05:10 PM.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

She would spend lots of time outside of course, long walks on the Malecon etc. and I am very used to dogs. I won't post my phone on a public forum, but let me know if/when you are in POP at any time!

14. Likes Tracym liked this post
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast