Beautiful dog to rescue

Neargale

Jul 4, 2013
While I was away in Canada my husband rescued a beautiful dog in Puerto Plata. The previous owners were keeping her in a very small enclosure in a barrio. They were going to kick her out on the street to fend for herself. So he brought her home with the idea of finding her a good home.

She is about 1 year old and healthy. She looks like a cane corso to me but I am told she is a mix of Rottweiler and pit bull. She is very friendly, affectionate and very intelligent. She gets along well with my other dogs. She is not agressive which may be why they were going to throw her out. She has a sweet disposition and is eager to please. She is quite large and needs training. I have been back less than 1 week and she is starting to obey on command. She scares people away just by her looks and demeanour. No barking, no growling, just big and mean-looking. She needs to be re-homed before August. Located in Costambar but we can deliver.

We would love to keep her for ourselves but it is just not feasible.
Lets find her a good home

i36t94.jpg

amdqo7.jpg

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Oh I wish we were there, we'd take her in a heartbeat. We have a caretaker on our property taking care of our dogs too, but it's not the same as if we were there.

Best of luck with her, she's a beauty.

Neargale

Jul 4, 2013
Oh I wish we were there, we'd take her in a heartbeat. We have a caretaker on our property taking care of our dogs too, but it's not the same as if we were there.

Best of luck with her, she's a beauty.

When are you coming back?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
When are you coming back?

Not for awhile, we just bought a new house in NJ, going to settlement in June, then have to pack up this one [we've been here 34 years] and move, then try to sell this one. Long story short, we probably won't be back in DR until early January.

No one lives in our DR home when we're not there, just a cousin who comes on weekends. I'd never take a dog under those circumstances, we'd have to be there to ease the transition with our other two dogs. We tried to introduce another male in March and it was a disaster, but our female rottie gets along with other females [she's an old girl].

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Maybe it's my computer, but I cropped & re-orientated the pics for easier viewing.

vd01tg.jpg

vmw4fo.jpg

POP_DR

May 29, 2016
She looks like a Cane corso/rottie to me. And she is beautiful! I would love to have her.
I live in Puerto Plata and am very used to dogs, have had dogs all my life. My lovely dalmatian, 13 years old, passed away six weeks ago
and I have been looking around for a dog, but don't want a puppy. I have lived in Puerto Plata for 13 years, I live in a big
apartment downtown, and she would enjoy good walks every day as well as never being left alone, as I work from home.
I can't send pm's as I just registered to reply to you (you need at least 10 posts to use the pm/feature). Can I call you?

Neargale

Jul 4, 2013
Maybe it's my computer, but I cropped & re-orientated the pics for easier viewing.

vd01tg.jpg

vmw4fo.jpg

Thank you! This is my first time using tiny pic. The photos were right side up on my computer. No idea why they went sideways in tiny pic. Thanks for the correction.

Neargale

Jul 4, 2013
She looks like a Cane corso/rottie to me. And she is beautiful! I would love to have her.
I live in Puerto Plata and am very used to dogs, have had dogs all my life. My lovely dalmatian, 13 years old, passed away six weeks ago
and I have been looking around for a dog, but don't want a puppy. I have lived in Puerto Plata for 13 years, I live in a big
apartment downtown, and she would enjoy good walks every day as well as never being left alone, as I work from home.
I can't send pm's as I just registered to reply to you (you need at least 10 posts to use the pm/feature). Can I call you?

Oh my. She definitely is not an apartment dog although she thinks she is a lap dog.
She was kept in a spot about 3'X5' all her life. Not fair to the dog. Since she is with us she gets to run and she loves it. I would definitely prefer if someone with a large property or finca would take her.
But you are welcome to see her and come chat with us.
You can post your phone # or hurry up and post 10 posts!

Neargale

Jul 4, 2013

Oh my. She definitely is not an apartment dog although she thinks she is a lap dog.
She was kept in a spot about 3'X5' all her life. Not fair to the dog. Since she is with us she gets to run and she loves it. I would definitely prefer if someone with a large property or finca would take her.
But you are welcome to see her and come chat with us. And I would want to see your apartment before I let you have her ;-)
You can post your phone # or hurry up and post 10 posts!

Last edited:

POP_DR

May 29, 2016
She would spend lots of time outside of course, long walks on the Malecon etc. and I am very used to dogs. I won't post my phone on a public forum, but let me know if/when you are in POP at any time!

POP_DR

May 29, 2016
And PS ( trying to speed up my posting #), I do understand your wish to find someone with a big patio/property for her, that is always the best
for large dogs. But it can be hard to find owners that have that, and that want to take on another dog (they usually have dogs!), that's why I wanted to post, as a good owner that really takes responsibility for a dog as well is so important. Here she would have a safe and happy life!

POP_DR

May 29, 2016
Ps 2, here a pic so you get an idea. She would have space to live just fine here, and also spend lots of times out on walks, doing arrends with me etc.

Pictures.jpg

Neargale

Jul 4, 2013
And PS ( trying to speed up my posting #), I do understand your wish to find someone with a big patio/property for her, that is always the best
for large dogs. But it can be hard to find owners that have that, and that want to take on another dog (they usually have dogs!), that's why I wanted to post, as a good owner that really takes responsibility for a dog as well is so important. Here she would have a safe and happy life!

Well, that sounds good. Can you come to Costambar tomorrow at 4pm to meet her? I will meet you at the entrance gate.
If not, my husband and I can meet you on the Malecon. Big Lee's or any other cassetta
of your choice ?

Last edited:

POP_DR

May 29, 2016
POP would be best, let's meet at Big Lee's at 4 pm (world time, not Dominican time :) ), that would be wonderful. /Carina

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
I will take her if she is still available. I have a large house and a garden. Let's figure out how to get in touch with each other.

POP_DR

May 29, 2016
Maybe you should meet with Bred first, as a garden is truly the best for her? And if that does not work out for any reason, then let me know and we can meet? What do you say? I'd love to have her, but a garden is of course a better option, if Bred is used to dogs and the work with training etc. that she will need if she is a rottie and/or Cane corso... Let me know, and if you still want I can meet you tomorrow, or later at any time.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I'm happy that it looks as though she will have a home soon.

If everything falls through, we have 15 tareas for her to run around.

POP_DR

May 29, 2016
@AlterEgo That is really what a dog like her needs. Even though I'd love to have her, your space is what she needs. She will
become a large dog as an adult!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Hope this works out.

Look at the feet, not big enough for Cane Corso.... they are big , believe me, mine is 1/2 CCorso and 130lbs.

Nice brindle dog, nonetheless.
I wish there were more CCorso's in RD - you don't see many and they are excellent watch dogs.

Don't let that sweet disposition fool you. when trouble arrives , they answer the call... trust me on that