Unlimited 4G or LTE WiFi

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
My wife based in Santo Domingo and we talked on Skype last night in regarding trying to find out about unlimited either 4G or LTE connection via WiFi Modem.

However, my wife is currently paying $850RD to Orange past 14 months, the connection is slow as hell, lot of drop connections and it's not 4G, it's 3G.

I told her to try find better 4G or LTE connection but the problem is, right now Claro is only one that offer the true LTE in DR. Orange doesn't offer everywhere but Capital.

Should I tell her to get TriCom 10/2 Home modem for $1,230RD or is there actual either 4G or LTE, maybe unlimited?

Please show me where so I can show it to her.

Thank you.

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Unlimited 4g will be more expensive than a fixed internet plan which is unlimited.

But how much? The fixed internet is unlimited but after the GB, it goes slower at 128Kpbs. I want ful unlimited 4G or LTE like here in the states.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
But how much? The fixed internet is unlimited but after the GB, it goes slower at 128Kpbs. I want ful unlimited 4G or LTE like here in the states.

My fixed internet does not go lower after a certain use. It's 20mb never mind how many Gb I used.

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
My fixed internet does not go lower after a certain use. It's 20mb never mind how many Gb I used.

My wife went to Orange and got a new 4G/LTE Wifi Modem by Actell Onetouch Black one and got 10GB for $1,895RD. We chatted on Skype and it was very clear, lot better than the old white one which was 3G.

If problem comes in, will upgrade to unlimited LTE which cost $2,895RD a month.

Jan 7, 2016
Instead of using Skype, use MagicJack. The data transmission is much clearer without drop-outs and garbled conversations. The package costs $30.00 US per year and includes unlimited minutes to and from D.R. to U.S.

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Instead of using Skype, use MagicJack. The data transmission is much clearer without drop-outs and garbled conversations. The package costs $30.00 US per year and includes unlimited minutes to and from D.R. to U.S.

We use Skype becuase we both use sign language, its the best option.

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
remember...SKYPE and FaceTime are big data users .

If you have limited data... watch out

I am not worried because my connection here is 150Mpbs and my wife is on LTE connection (Roughly 61Mpbs) so we just talk once in while like every 3-4 days, to keep her available 10GB for whole month.