Commercial Popcorn Popper

Aug 21, 2007
I would like some feedback from local bar/restaurant owners regarding commercial popcorn poppers, the kind that are in movie theaters. What is your experience with them? I would like to buy one for Strength for the Journey to provide snacks for special events, but am wary of ants, cockroaches, and God forbid, other creatures also enjoying the device. If you have any experience with a popcorn popper here, could you please advise?

Thank you-
Lindsey

Aug 21, 2007
Thanks, Abuela. I know other businesses here who have one. I am out of my mind busy right now with learning centers in Jamao and Sosua. Was hoping for information right here to eliminate my running around and asking.

Lindsey

markryan

Jul 16, 2014
I could swear I saw one in the Jolly Roger. Never saw it in service though. I could be wrong.

BelgianMik

Jul 9, 2015
I have one in my bar. Don't use it all the time, but some weeks I use it daily, other weeks I don't use it at all.
Never had any ants or cockroaches in it but when I finish with the machine, I clean it directly.

thomasj

Mar 31, 2010
the only corn available is genetically modified. It has insect genes incorporated plus produces its own pesticides, so that insects will not touch it. Are you really going to eat that once you know the facts? Bon apetit.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
thomasj may be right.... getting the right corn may be the problem.

Eons ago, I knew the originator of Jiffy Pop.... remember them, big foil balloon of popcorn?
They had to modify their corn - have it developed especially for them - because the corn didn't pop
in Colorado ( at altitude) the same as Maine.... ruining the presentation of the finished product.

So, getting good kernels to pop may be tricky.

dropshort

May 18, 2008
I am a little tired of this paranoia concerning genetically modified organisms.

If you understand Darwin we only exist because we were genetically modified trillions of times.

If someone wanted cross something with the bubonic plague, I would be first one to say whoa!.

However if someone wanted to cross a pineapple with a coconut palm I would simply ask Let me know when you are ready and I will bring the rum.

DS

Last edited by a moderator:

dropshort

May 18, 2008
The fact is the cutting edge weapon against brain cancer is a modified polio virus.
I am willing to bet that an anti-GMO terrorist with quickly fatal brain cancer will soften their stand somewhat.

DS