Claro internet settings...

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
I use claro and it is very bad. Currently when I log in it tells me there are say 10 emails in my inbox. I click on inbox and it tells me its empty. I go to other boxes, that
I've created to save certain emails, and I get the same message. Some times it works, but most of the time it doesn't. Thinking of changing
email carrier. Claro, said everything is fine. Good luck.

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
The only appropriate one for Dominican Republic from that list is pop3.claro.net.do (DO stands for Dominicana). Surely CL (Colombia) and VE (Venezuela) are not your choice.

Why would you want to use unreliable claro mail service when there are free good alternatives available? Gmail, yahoo, mail.com, etc.

Thanks Riva.
I see a hodge podge of settings depending on your e-mail program.

Everything from:
POP3:
mail.dominio.com to
pop3.claro.net.do
pop-mail.ula.ve
www.naser.cl and
mail.cpandi.com

Rather strange.
What settings do you use for POP3 with Claro?

MarkDR

Feb 18, 2016
The only appropriate one for Dominican Republic from that list is pop3.claro.net.do (DO stands for Dominicana). Surely CL (Colombia) and VE (Venezuela) are not your choice.

Why would you want to use unreliable claro mail service when there are free good alternatives available?
Gmail, yahoo, mail.com, etc.

Sure we are open to suggestions!

Right now my friend goes through the tedious process of logging in on the web (hotmail) with manual password entry etc.

Do you use an e-mail app on your computer to log into Gmail/Yahoo/hotmail etc.?
If so, what settings do you use from DR to log in (for POP and SMTP)?

Thanks!

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
Gmail has its own POP and SMTP servers. Work perfect. Takes less than a minute to find those with google search.

MarkDR

Feb 18, 2016
Gmail has its own POP and SMTP servers. Work perfect. Takes less than a minute to find those with google search.

Thanks Bred.
I have done all the Google searches, trust me. :)
I'm in Canada and I can't even log into Google via POP and SMTP!
The best I can do is forward my gmail to my desktop app.

MarkDR

Feb 18, 2016
Well I finally figured out how to get POP/IMAP working on my computer in Canada!
There is an obscure setting in gmail that turns on 'secure setting' by default.
There is a way to disable it.
Here is the message I got:

"Access for less secure apps has been turned on
Hi Mark,
You recently changed your security settings so that your Google Account MarkG at gmail is no longer protected by modern security standards.

Please be aware that it is now easier for an attacker to break into your account. You can make your account safer again by undoing this change here, then switching to apps made by Google such as Gmail to access your account."

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
Mark, I never believed that Google has cursed Canada, since the rest of the World is using it fine.

Well I finally figured out how to get POP/IMAP working on my computer in Canada!
There is an obscure setting in gmail that turns on 'secure setting' by default.
There is a way to disable it.
Here is the message I got:

"Access for less secure apps has been turned on
Hi Mark,
You recently changed your security settings so that your Google Account MarkG at gmail is no longer protected by modern security standards.

Please be aware that it is now easier for an attacker to break into your account. You can make your account safer again by undoing this change here, then switching to apps made by Google such as Gmail to access your account."