Who gets it? :D

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Too fast. :D

I needed two minutes but that might have to do with lowered brain function since I just got up. Luckily none of my family writes like that...:classic:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
curkier made me think for a moment being too close to a polish word cukier (sugar).

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Don't tell me - his/her Facebook profile includes an institution of higher learning.

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
No boi a terne interne curkier cosa yo yamo

It's actually easy to decipher. Even curkier. It says alot from a sociolinguistic perspective where in the DR the person is from. I think it's more puzzling that (many) in the DR write this way. I guess the 4% for education has proven its effectiveness.

-MP.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
It's actually easy to decipher. Even curkier. It says alot from a sociolinguistic perspective where in the DR the person is from. I think it's more puzzling that (many) in the DR write this way. I guess the 4% for education has proven its effectiveness.

-MP.

I have been told when criticizing this type of writing that it is the modern way to write and I am out of date!
Der Fish

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
I have been told when criticizing this type of writing that it is the modern way to write and I am out of date!
Der Fish

Yes, it's the modern illiterate way. I just hope these folks are not expecting to find a job or for anyone to take them seriously if this is the way they write. It may pass in their social circles but in the real world you still have to write properly and this has nothing to do with texting.

-MP.

Apr 7, 2014
Yes, it's the modern illiterate way. I just hope these folks are not expecting to find a job or for anyone to take them seriously if this is the way they write. It may pass in their social circles but in the real world you still have to write properly and this has nothing to do with texting.

-MP.

A. They arent expecting to find a job or even look...they are expecting to meet a rich man who will support them JUST for being pretty and vain.

B. Yes they are serious and expect you to take them seriously too.

C. Yes, it does pass in their social circles but they also are full of dreamers who expect to showered with luxury goods and remittances.

D. In any event it doesnt really matter if they wrote correctly or not because they still have no knowledge of anything worth writing about.

E. It is your fault for mentioning these glaring idiosyncracies and causing them to lose face.

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
A. They arent expecting to find a job or even look...they are expecting to meet a rich man who will support them JUST for being pretty and vain.

B. Yes they are serious and expect you to take them seriously too.

C. Yes, it does pass in their social circles but they also are full of dreamers who expect to showered with luxury goods and remittances.

D. In any event it doesnt really matter if they wrote correctly or not because they still have no knowledge of anything worth writing about.

E. It is your fault for mentioning these glaring idiosyncracies and causing them to lose face.

S? se?or, como no.

-MP.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006

it also explains loud music that makes talking impossible. because there's nothing to talk about.