Page 361 of 367 FirstFirst ... 261311351359360361362363 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,610 of 3664
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    It it possible that this Street may be a Gold mine in terms of Tourism in a couple years..for retailers and restaurants, as opposed to the Puta Bars of yesteryear ?
    I very much doubt it.

2. Likes jd426, Garyexpat, chico bill liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

The absolute only reason I go onto P.C is for the entertainment (chicas and chica watching). If I go to a restaurant Margot, Osteria Toscana its because I am going to PC after dinner. Take away the chica factor and I would never go onto PC or Sosua for that matter.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GuillermoRamon View Post
    Seems construction at what used to be the Bermuda bar is done, and a Cigar shop, and a Compra y Venta have gone in.

https://www.sosuanews.com/index.php?id=5550&article=1
    Looks like they found the niches! No money for the chica my fren? No hay problema!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default They also discussed the plans to turn Sosúa into an attractive resort for families

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    Compared to what was there , That is as dramatic a transformation of a street Corner as I have ever seen in Sosua..
    ( El flow transforming next door into Platinum was pretty dramatic as well of course)
    Slowly but surely , PC is changing ..
    It it possible that this Street may be a Gold mine in terms of Tourism in a couple years..for retailers and restaurants, as opposed to the Puta Bars of yesteryear ?
    Quote Originally Posted by drstock View Post
    I very much doubt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    The absolute only reason I go onto P.C is for the entertainment (chicas and chica watching). If I go to a restaurant Margot, Osteria Toscana its because I am going to PC after dinner. Take away the chica factor and I would never go onto PC or Sosua for that matter.
    Oh you doubters:

Print this article
    13 May 2019
    Ilana Neumann in a meeting with Danilo Medina
    Friday May 10, Mayor Ilana Neumann of Sosúa visited President Danilo Medina in Santo Domingo. During this meeting Ilana expressed her concerns about the developments in Sosúa. Among other things, they discussed the state of affairs regarding the construction of a public hospital near the La Unión neighborhood. They also discussed the plans to turn Sosúa into an attractive resort for families. The President promised to fully cooperate in order to achieve these desired changes.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    Oh you doubters:

Print this article
    13 May 2019
    Friday May 10, Mayor Ilana Neumann of Sosúa visited President Danilo Medina in Santo Domingo. During this meeting Ilana expressed her concerns about the developments in Sosúa. Among other things, they discussed the state of affairs regarding the construction of a public hospital near the La Unión neighborhood. They also discussed the plans to turn Sosúa into an attractive resort for families. The President promised to fully cooperate in order to achieve these desired changes.
    everyone has a pipe-dream.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    Oh you doubters:

Print this article
    13 May 2019

Both are lame ducks and out of office in a year
    and we all know nothing get's accomplished very quickly in the Dom Rep.

8. Likes Uzin liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

the Fat Herman bar was a landmark for me...I rarely hung out there, but it was usually an entertaining spot...now it looks too sterile for me...I won't know how to act....

10. Likes jd426 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

They have had meetings before where he promised a hospital, still not one around.

Picture look familiar? I'll leave this right here... https://www.sosuanews.mobi/index.php?id=4936

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GuillermoRamon View Post
    They have had meetings before where he promised a hospital, still not one around.

Picture look familiar? I'll leave this right here... https://www.sosuanews.mobi/index.php?id=4936
    Yea Guillermo, go figure, a politician making promises they don't keep....what's the world coming to? -

j_d66 I don't necessarily think Danilo is a lame duck. He "should" be but I think he has enough support to get the constitution changed allowing him to run again. By now, if not before he is addicted to power, not to mention the financial benefits of being president.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    everyone has a pipe-dream.
    Smoked in a crack pipe