Javilla wars!

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
I've been here for almost 5 years now with a few trips taken out. I had seen the Javilla trees when they spit their seeds across the street, but this summer I live in a grove of Javilla trees and one of their seed pods blows up every few minutes. The street is covered with their seeds, and we cringe every time one snaps open and blows all over. We had a blind American staying down stairs for about a week. He heard the pop and came out doors to find out what was going on. Was someone shooting he asked? "No, just the Javilla blowing its seeds." I told him and picked up a couple so he could experience them! My lady refers to it as the Javila war as they shoot at each other. Does anyone know what they look like before they explode? I cannot find any pics of them.
Der Fish

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Javilla+en+el+campo.JPG

These "Wheels" on a homemade child car are Javilla pods. When they get dry enough they come apart "exploding" to throw the seeds as far as possible. Isn't nature awesome?

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Javilla+en+el+campo.JPG

These "Wheels" on a homemade child car are Javilla pods. When they get dry enough they come apart "exploding" to throw the seeds as far as possible. Isn't nature awesome?

He carries a couple of spare tires apparerntly!
LOoe it.
Der Fish