Playero Discounts

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016
I just did my meat shopping for the week at Playero.

Low and behold the discounts haven't been programmed into the cashiers. Thus no discount.
HAHA my friend didn't get his veggie discount yesterday either....coincidence?
It is trivial but really ...enough already.
For gods sake Playero needs to get there sh#t together.

Fredo

Mar 17, 2013
what I noticed is that the cashiers are getting super arrogant and really don't want to help when a price problem arises. I have been a loyal customer since the man started his business but I have not been back there since my last cashier/price
incident... and I consider myself well adjusted to this countryś idiosyncrasies... she was a real piece of work..

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016
I didn't even notice until I checked my receipt

The only reason I checked was because my pal bought half the meat section and noticed no discount being deducted from his bill, naturally he inquired and after a ten minute ordeal it was determined discounts hadn't been programmed so they were going to work on it.

That's when the poor girl was left with a couple a hundred pounds of meat at her checkout to deal with.

By the way, where is Ken?

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
Just came back from Playero. The problem with the discounts is fixed.
Still, not happy about their way to do business.
Recent case in Super Pola. The "oferta" price tags on the shelves were outdated and not removed. Noted that to the cashier during check-out. Got my discount promptly.

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016
I'm thinking, if you shop after noon they'll have woken up and done their job.

Going in the morning, say before ten, is hit and miss as far as the meat section goes. Generally not fully stocked till late AM.
BTW the product for the most part is acceptable. Veggies some times good.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
I was in there the other day looking for a small gift for a child. I picked something out, priced at 995 pesos. Went to pay for it and when the clerk scanned it she looked at the box then at the register and said "this item costs 2995 pesos, not 995 pesos" and then she started peeling the price off and said "do you want it or not?" Typical Playero customer service, not even an apology. I have known many people to complain to the manager but nothing ever gets done...I was going to do my weekly shopping which is usually 5000 to 6000 pesos but I walked out instead, plenty of other places to shop in this area.