thousands of security cameras to be installed in businesses in POP

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
I would not raise your hopes too high...they have been a near total failure in zona colonial .

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Well, if security camera images didn't convict the guys in aduana caught red-handed, I have little hope that they will help convict Jose and Plinio.

Remember... when my nephew was robbed and shot [and later died] in Santo Domingo, the entire episode was captured on CCTV. They didn't make a move to arrest the guys [we heard that you have to PAY the police in order for them to do that, and there are two price points: one if you want an arrest, one if you want them dead]

Everything changed after they murdered someone *important* with nephew's legal gun [stolen during robbery].

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
And thousands of security cameras will be broken, lost or stolen.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
but the videos of crimes will make it to detras del rumor bringing joy to thousands. stay optimistic, people.

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
dv8, they will not be working at all.

With same results they could install fake/dummy cameras. There are many benefits - no electricity needed, maintenance free, 10x times cheaper, and same results as the real non-working ones.

If people can not take care of their own security cameras then why to have much hopes for public / business places cameras? Example today. Customer called and asked to come and check the videos on her system about last night shooting. Came just to find out that her recorder hard disk is dead and not been recording for who knows for how long. On the screen the cameras look good. Ho is going to maintain and check public cameras?

Another example. Yesterday, late afternoon, in Sosua, La Mulata road. DeLancer was putting new fibre-optic cable and damaged (flipped down) one of the cameras on edenorte electric posts - hit it with a ladder. I got an instant notification and came there immediately. Told the guys to repair it right away. They promised. I came back 30 minutes later - no change and they were already working on another post. Told them to fix the problem right away and they laughed at me. They left when it got dark and the camera was filming the dirt. Had to go in the morning to De Lancer office and show the photos of the damage and of the guys who did it. They came and repaired the damage today. Who is going to persist on checking and repairing the damages for public systems?

Last edited:

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Just come to Zona Colonial and you will quickly realise that not even fake cameras were installed. I have never heard of anyone being charged in zona colonial as a result of any camera filming ..so why are they there ??

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
From today's Daily News on DR1:

United Women's Movement (Modemu) president Jackeline Montero ran for a seat in the Chamber of Deputies on the PRM ticket and was elected. A former prostitute, she says she will focus on promoting the creation of training and reorientation centers for sex workers in each province of the country

Ho is going to maintain and check public cameras
Well, that is one fixed up with a new career already.

jefe de la finca

Sep 28, 2012
"thousands of security cameras to be installed in businesses in POP" Well, that's YouTube entertainment catered for.

"POP is to become a bit safer. hopefully." Nope.