Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Second time this happened. Is it a trend?

For the second time in a row, when I flashed my regularizacion sticker at the airport in POP, I didn't have to pay the overstay fine. And when i re-entered last fall, I didn't have to pay the $10 tourist card fee.

I expect to return at the end of the month (with the cooperation of family commitments) and we shall see if that happens again. I am loving it.

2. Likes frank12 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't it supposed to be a 'pseudo' residency thing ??

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    Isn't it supposed to be a 'pseudo' residency thing ??
    It's the path to provisional residence. I need to get my FBI-approved fingerprints and get all my apostilled documents translated and I'm done.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Meemselle ,,,you have my total admiration for moving along the rather time absorbing path to regularisation of your residency ,,I feel pretty good when I show my cedula at various shops and I think I get a few brownie points from the people who then realise that I am almost Dominican

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been doing my citizenship for a year, still waiting for the Interpol police report that they keep telling me will be complete next month, for the last six months. They gave me a letter to show when leaving or entering the country. So far - no payment of anything, so I guess has long as you have been processed or in a process all is good.

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob saunders View Post
    I have been doing my citizenship for a year, still waiting for the Interpol police report that they keep telling me will be complete next month, for the last six months. They gave me a letter to show when leaving or entering the country. So far - no payment of anything, so I guess has long as you have been processed or in a process all is good.
    Bob, there is a one year time limit apparently and DGM have listed all the cases pending on their website for 2015 and 2016 with case numbers.

I posted the links in a thread the other day....'DGM advisory' in Legal......check that your case number is not listed to be sure all is ok.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ju10prd View Post
    Bob, there is a one year time limit apparently and DGM have listed all the cases pending on their website for 2015 and 2016 with case numbers.

I posted the links in a thread the other day....'DGM advisory' in Legal......check that your case number is not listed to be sure all is ok.
    I 'm in a different situation as I was a legal resident and started the citizenship process with 7 months left on my residency. The process has taken six month longer than they indicated so now I am the holder of expired residency but with the provision that my naturalization is in process.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Bob, that letter you mentioned that they gave you and which you use to exit the country -- did it come from Int. Y Policia?? and did you have to ask for it?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I regreso on the 29th. I shall report.

When I left on June 4th, Migracion asked for my expired passport, which has the sticker in the pages. However, as a US citizen, I am prohibited from presenting that passport. I have a photocopy of that page that I carry as paper and laminated card. It has not yet failed me.

I just learned that my abogada is very ill, so I will move have to act quickly to get in transit page transferred to new passport. The only thing I need is FBI fingerprints and getting everything translated. I have all dox & apostille. AND I have another year.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Interpol

Quote Originally Posted by bob saunders View Post
    Hi Bob,
    Have you had any luck with the Interpol thing yet. I have been waiting a year and 4 months and they still tell me the same thing. Come back in 2 weeks. I live just around the corner so it is easy for me to do this.Still it is a pain.