Second time this happened. Is it a trend?

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
For the second time in a row, when I flashed my regularizacion sticker at the airport in POP, I didn't have to pay the overstay fine. And when i re-entered last fall, I didn't have to pay the $10 tourist card fee.

I expect to return at the end of the month (with the cooperation of family commitments) and we shall see if that happens again. I am loving it.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Meemselle ,,,you have my total admiration for moving along the rather time absorbing path to regularisation of your residency ,,I feel pretty good when I show my cedula at various shops and I think I get a few brownie points from the people who then realise that I am almost Dominican

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I have been doing my citizenship for a year, still waiting for the Interpol police report that they keep telling me will be complete next month, for the last six months. They gave me a letter to show when leaving or entering the country. So far - no payment of anything, so I guess has long as you have been processed or in a process all is good.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
I have been doing my citizenship for a year, still waiting for the Interpol police report that they keep telling me will be complete next month, for the last six months. They gave me a letter to show when leaving or entering the country. So far - no payment of anything, so I guess has long as you have been processed or in a process all is good.

Bob, there is a one year time limit apparently and DGM have listed all the cases pending on their website for 2015 and 2016 with case numbers.

I posted the links in a thread the other day....'DGM advisory' in Legal......check that your case number is not listed to be sure all is ok.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Bob, there is a one year time limit apparently and DGM have listed all the cases pending on their website for 2015 and 2016 with case numbers.

I posted the links in a thread the other day....'DGM advisory' in Legal......check that your case number is not listed to be sure all is ok.

I 'm in a different situation as I was a legal resident and started the citizenship process with 7 months left on my residency. The process has taken six month longer than they indicated so now I am the holder of expired residency but with the provision that my naturalization is in process.

JDFriend

the Translator
May 15, 2007
Bob, that letter you mentioned that they gave you and which you use to exit the country -- did it come from Int. Y Policia?? and did you have to ask for it?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I regreso on the 29th. I shall report.

When I left on June 4th, Migracion asked for my expired passport, which has the sticker in the pages. However, as a US citizen, I am prohibited from presenting that passport. I have a photocopy of that page that I carry as paper and laminated card. It has not yet failed me.

I just learned that my abogada is very ill, so I will move have to act quickly to get in transit page transferred to new passport. The only thing I need is FBI fingerprints and getting everything translated. I have all dox & apostille. AND I have another year.

harry myrtle beach

Sep 16, 2015
Interpol

Hi Bob,
Have you had any luck with the Interpol thing yet. I have been waiting a year and 4 months and they still tell me the same thing. Come back in 2 weeks. I live just around the corner so it is easy for me to do this.Still it is a pain.