Finally completed my trip to Santo Domingo

Jaws2003

Mar 31, 2016
Ok guys here's my details of my trip to SD. Overall I liked the trip but there were some things that I wish the hell I didn't do(hope they don't come back to bite me in the butt). I also see how everyone is hustling out there. Especially in the tourist areas. Had a few setbacks but overcame them.

I started my trip all wrong because I left my house late to drive to Ft.Lauderdale to the airport. I came an hour late and my plane had already boarded and left. Luckily at JetBlue there was a guy that was still able to get me to SD that same day instead of waiting all day and arriving the next day. I had to go to NY and then to SD and I would arrive in the evening instead of the morning(Now I'm glad of this because of the heat down there. Lol.). So I got to SD that night and met up with my friend of 10 years there. She took me to a grill and we had dinner which was good(can't remember the name of the place). Then Friday she came and got me from my hotel and we visited a castle tour that's by the bay(Think it was museo de las casa reales). Then we also walked along the conde before that and saw Columbus park and independence park. That was nice as well. Later in the day we split up because she had to go to her yoga and nutrition class that she takes and this is where things got interesting for me. Not gonna say everything on an open forum but if anyone know where casa sanchez is I ended up walking to the end of the street and a orange-pink building is where I ended up at that was facing the ocean. Wish the hell I didn't go there because it ended up not being my cup of tea and I didn't care for it(hope it doesn't come back to bite me in the butt). Later on my homegirl called me so we could go out to the club and we went club hopping with her coworker. We went to 75grados and some other club(can't remember the name). After club hopping she took me back to the hotel and then I got some rest for the next day. Saturday we went to tres ojos(and it was hot as hell!!!!), a restaurant named delicioso, movies, a little shopping for family and then she we went back to her place for a little while and she cooked the "Dominican special" which is mashed plantains, eggs and salami. Her sister and niece was with us as well so after a while she took me back to the hotel because she was taking me to the airport in the morning. In that downtime I met up with another woman off of Dominican cupid and we chilled for a while. After that I got some rest and my friend took me back to the airport and I came back home. People understood my spanish but sometimes I could not understand them. They speak fast!!!! Could get used to it a little more. Some parts of the trip were long but fun but some other parts I wish the hell i didn't do. As for the people there seemed like some where hustlers and some were ok. Also I did like casa sanchez. It reminded me of relaxing at the house while on vacation. I did notice that there was a lot of trash there on the streets. Don't know if that's only common around the zona colonial or not. Also the heat down there is totally different. I'm from Florida and I thought I could take the heat just fine but it felt like I lost a piece of my soul when i was out in that sun for too long. Lol. All in all I did have a good time minus me going to that place and the sun. I know that I will be returning again.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Ok guys here's my details of my trip to SD. Overall I liked the trip but there were some things that I wish the hell I didn't do(hope they don't come back to bite me in the butt). I also see how everyone is hustling out there. Especially in the tourist areas. Had a few setbacks but overcame them.

I started my trip all wrong because I left my house late to drive to Ft.Lauderdale to the airport. I came an hour late and my plane had already boarded and left. Luckily at JetBlue there was a guy that was still able to get me to SD that same day instead of waiting all day and arriving the next day. I had to go to NY and then to SD and I would arrive in the evening instead of the morning(Now I'm glad of this because of the heat down there. Lol.). So I got to SD that night and met up with my friend of 10 years there. She took me to a grill and we had dinner which was good(can't remember the name of the place). Then Friday she came and got me from my hotel and we visited a castle tour that's by the bay(Think it was museo de las casa reales). Then we also walked along the conde before that and saw Columbus park and independence park. That was nice as well. Later in the day we split up because she had to go to her yoga and nutrition class that she takes and this is where things got interesting for me. Not gonna say everything on an open forum but if anyone know where casa sanchez is I ended up walking to the end of the street and a orange-pink building is where I ended up at that was facing the ocean. Wish the hell I didn't go there because it ended up not being my cup of tea and I didn't care for it(hope it doesn't come back to bite me in the butt). Later on my homegirl called me so we could go out to the club and we went club hopping with her coworker. We went to 75grados and some other club(can't remember the name). After club hopping she took me back to the hotel and then I got some rest for the next day. Saturday we went to tres ojos(and it was hot as hell!!!!), a restaurant named delicioso, movies, a little shopping for family and then she we went back to her place for a little while and she cooked the "Dominican special" which is mashed plantains, eggs and salami. Her sister and niece was with us as well so after a while she took me back to the hotel because she was taking me to the airport in the morning. In that downtime I met up with another woman off of Dominican cupid and we chilled for a while. After that I got some rest and my friend took me back to the airport and I came back home. People understood my spanish but sometimes I could not understand them. They speak fast!!!! Could get used to it a little more. Some parts of the trip were long but fun but some other parts I wish the hell i didn't do. As for the people there seemed like some where hustlers and some were ok. Also I did like casa sanchez. It reminded me of relaxing at the house while on vacation. I did notice that there was a lot of trash there on the streets. Don't know if that's only common around the zona colonial or not. Also the heat down there is totally different. I'm from Florida and I thought I could take the heat just fine but it felt like I lost a piece of my soul when i was out in that sun for too long. Lol. All in all I did have a good time minus me going to that place and the sun. I know that I will be returning again.

Sounded like fun but everyone really wants to know if you got l___. Ok I want to know.

Blueceo

Nov 1, 2015
Enjoyed your post Jaws.... I love Santo Domingo and can only imagine what went on there when you were away from your lady friend. LOL

Jaws2003

Mar 31, 2016
Enjoyed your post Jaws.... I love Santo Domingo and can only imagine what went on there when you were away from your lady friend. LOL
thanks. lol. it was a unique experience for me.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk