Dominican marriage records

anamargaret

Dec 15, 2009
Is there any way of doing a search or contacting someone to find out if a Dominican is married.
My friend is having a difficult time understanding the whole sanky thing and I believe if she saw it for herself that "el tigure" has a few lies up his sleeve she may have a different view of him.

Julia31

Jan 4, 2012
Unless he is married to a tourist there wont be much to find out..dominicans unless they are well off or very religous rarely marry.

SARAH KATZ

Jul 20, 2011
anamargaret: - as long as she can afford it and is having fun why spoil it..............

Unless he is married to a tourist there wont be much to find out..dominicans unless they are well off or very religous rarely marry.

Yup - plus of course here he can be in a legally recognised 'marriage' without going through the actual ceremony too.

Last edited:

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
Is there any way of doing a search or contacting someone to find out if a Dominican is married.
My friend is having a difficult time understanding the whole sanky thing and I believe if she saw it for herself that "el tigure" has a few lies up his sleeve she may have a different view of him.

Someone I know did exactly this. If he is legally married, you can get the record of it: go to la junta with a copy of the guy's cedula and they will pull the records and give you a copy of the marriage certificate if he's married.

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
anamargaret: - as long as she can afford it and is having fun why spoil it..............

Yup - plus of course here he can be in a legally recognised 'marriage' without going through the actual ceremony too.

In th 40 years i have lived here it's very clear that you can tell theese women all about Sankie's 24 hours a day. Result forget it they will go for them no matter what you say. Sad to say they must learn from expierience. These are words from my Dominican wife of 40 years. Sadly i agree with her!

SARAH KATZ

Jul 20, 2011
In th 40 years i have lived here it's very clear that you can tell theese women all about Sankie's 24 hours a day. Result forget it they will go for them no matter what you say. Sad to say they must learn from expierience. These are words from my Dominican wife of 40 years. Sadly i agree with her!

:) :) - and maybe the friend is happy with the relationship - at lunch a few months ago a friend was getting the same 'advice' when talking of setting up her regular 'sanky' in a nursery (plant) business.

Her response "I can afford it, it will be benefitting him, his community/family and the sex is great!"

Maybe am's friend is not being 100% open in her response to her dire warnings..............

SARAH KATZ

Jul 20, 2011
Someone I know did exactly this. If he is legally married, you can get the record of it: go to la junta with a copy of the guy's cedula and they will pull the records and give you a copy of the marriage certificate if he's married.

There can still be a legal relationship without a legal marriage - cost is a big factor - e.g. a notarised statement is all that is required by the TSS.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
contact poster matilda, she investigates that sort of stuff.

You beat me to it, I was going to say the same thing. http://dr1.com/forums/member.php/29706-Matilda

Even if you don't find a legal paper, he still may have a "wife" he's lived with for a long time. And if he was married somewhere else, it will not show. My husband & I have been married 40 years and his cedula still says soltero, we never bothered to file any paperwork in DR.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
The Registro Civil holds all of the data on each Dominican citizen, including birth, marriage, divorces, death, children. To access this information, which is not publicly available, you need to know his full name and cedula number. As othe posters said it is rare that Dominicans are married to other Dominicans. There is a sanky Facebook page and if he is a good and efficient sanky with lots of women the chances are that he will have appeared on there.It is called Dominican sanky pankys https://www.facebook.com/groups/367838356708597/?ref=br_tf

Matilda

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

Not true, many poor Dominicans are married, although common law is acceptable. Union libre
I've been to numerous Dominican weddings.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Tell her not to dig too deep. She might find he has two wife's 3 kids and two boyfriends. Just enjoy his six pack abs (until the rice and el Presidente take them) thick black hair "rigid member" until the inevitable prediabetes- type II takes over from a deep fried food diet and a sedentary life of drinking and chasing overweight gringas with deep pockets.

SARAH KATZ

Jul 20, 2011
Tell her not to dig too deep. She might find he has two wife's 3 kids and two boyfriends. Just enjoy his six pack abs (until the rice and el Presidente take them) thick black hair "rigid member" until the inevitable prediabetes- type II takes over from a deep fried food diet and a sedentary life of drinking and chasing overweight gringas with deep pockets.

Man you're cynical

:)

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007

You know too well!!!!!