Motoconcha

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
I haven't yet met a woman in this country who will cut a man's hair, but I finally did meet a female motoconcha. She was bringing back my lady when she had gone to buy groceries alone. My lady also said it was he first female she had met driving a motorcycle taxi. Progress? Right?
Der Fish

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I haven't yet met a woman in this country who will cut a man's hair, but I finally did meet a female motoconcha. She was bringing back my lady when she had gone to buy groceries alone. My lady also said it was he first female she had met driving a motorcycle taxi. Progress? Right?
Der Fish

I know of a few motochoncas in the capitol. They mainly just take kids to and from school.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I have had my hair cut by a lady several times, one was a lady from Spain who would be here only know and then, and another is a Dominican salon owner who did a good job but wouldn't stop talking about some pyramid style selling business that I should join and I stopped going.

I see more and more women on scooters but haven't seen motoconchas yet.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Only women cut my hair....

I always thought a motoconcha was a good idea but may be too risky unless they just served women & other children

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
I haven't seen a montoconcha, but I did enjoy a ride in a carrito publico with a woman driver.....pretty safe and she even put the air con on.....

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Had my hair trimmed once at the salon in the former Barcelo in Playa Dorada. The Dominican lady spoke English well did an excellent job. I got the impression men dropping in for a haircut was a rare thing. Judging by the number of sophisticated haircuts I've seen on men around the large DR towns, there are probably women cutting men's hair. I gave her the same tip I give my hair cutter back in Canada. Anytime I walked by after that I got a big smile and a warm hello.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
There is the occasional man in the sal?n I use. All the stylists are women, so obviously they will cut men's hair.

The men I have seen there, however, are from the higher strata of society - I know them and their wives from my work, and they are from the families that live in Bayardo, have their names on signs all around Puerto Plata and mingle with dv8's inlaws.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Moto's scare the hell out of me and I've been riding motorcycles for almost 50 years. However, I could be tempted to hire one with a good looking female driver, assuming she would let me wrap my arms around her to stay safe. Lol !

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
There is the occasional man in the sal?n I use. All the stylists are women, so obviously they will cut men's hair.

The men I have seen there, however, are from the higher strata of society - I know them and their wives from my work, and they are from the families that live in Bayardo, have their names on signs all around Puerto Plata and mingle with dv8's inlaws.

and they would not give the time of day to most people in the site....